PDA

View Full Version : mirena coil

ceecee
18-01-09, 15:15
hi :)
i was just wondering if any of you ladies are using the mirena coil at the moment or ever have done?
i had it fitted on friday as i really do have to try and stop my periods as i,m just anaemic all the time
would be great to hear from anyone:)

nickieb
18-01-09, 15:48
I am havin it fitted soon as a contraception method. Does it hurt? I have not had kids xx

Vanilla Sky
18-01-09, 15:54
I had the coil fitted 4yrs ago and let me tell you it is the best thing i have ever done. It takes a wee while to settle down. I have not had a period for 3 and a half years its great!! No side effects, its a contreceptive, and you dont need to replace it for 5 years. I had the worst periods ever for years and like you i was always anaemic, havent had any of that since it was fitted my iron level is spot on now. I will be getting another one fitted next year and thats no worries for another 5 years. Iv got enough to cope with my anxiety without worrying about heavy periods as well. In fact i wish there was something we could have fitted that would take anxiety away!! You will be fine honey just give it time to settle down and you wont know yourself , no more i cant wear those tight jeans or that skirt or i cant go out coz i feel so bad and if your periods stop like mine did, you can plan holidays any time weekends away etc you wont have a heavy bleed spoiling anything. Youv done the right thing and i would recomend it to any woman having monthly troubles Good luck love paige x

Vanilla Sky
18-01-09, 15:56
Nicola, its no more uncomfortable than a regular smear test you' ll be fine hon xx

suzy-sue
18-01-09, 18:44
HI CEECE,CAN ONLY REPEAT WHAT PAIGE SAYS.HAVNT HAD A PERIOD SINCE I HAD IT FITTED[WHAT BLISS] :yesyes: I JUST WISH THEY HAD FITTED IT YEARS EARLIER,WOULD HAVE SAVED YEARS OF MISERY EVERY MONTH.LUV SUZY