PDA

View Full Version : Hadn`t Had A Panic Attack For Ages!

Purple Fish
18-01-09, 16:36
Hi Everyone!:smile:

I decided to make an appointment to go and see my normal doctor last Friday just to see what he would say about some tests (Thyroid and Carpal Tunnel) I`d been advised to have by a different doctor who doesn`t know me as well!
I spoke to my husband also and he said he thinks I blow things out of proportion and I worry too much, which is what us anxiety sufferers do!!:scared11:
Anyway I saw my doctor yesterday morning and he was surprised when he read my notes on his screen that I had been to see another doctor the day before! He tested me for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome there and then and said that I do not have it! Phew! Also he said he didn`t think I needed a blood test for anything and in fact the thought of me having to have these tests had obviously made my anxiety worse!:scared10:
I have got to go back and see him in two weeks and I am to keep taking my medication in the way he has told me to because he thinks I am doing very well. Just the fact that I did realise the next day that I had gone over the top with worry over waking up with pins and needles a couple of times in the night instead of thinking well I must have just laid on my hand!
I will beat this! Panic creeps up on you from nowhere and I didn`t realise I had had an anxiety/panic attack until I began to calm down and see sense!
It doesn`t help just starting my period and I know that everything including my anxiety symptoms are worse during that time! :mad:
Oh well, fingers crossed in getting on with my life and to slapping anxiety straight in the face!!!

Tanya xx:flowers:

Nechtan
19-01-09, 00:11
It just goes to show what a difference an understanding GP can make. And that is the luck of the draw. I would urge anyone who doesn't have an understanding GP to shop around till they get one becuase although they are few and far between they are out there. I went through about 5 GPs before I found a half decent one.

All the best

Nechtan