PDA

View Full Version : I'm really anxious about speaking up...

Budgie
18-01-09, 17:36
Hi guys, I am so worried about something :blush:

I don't know if typing it out here might help, just to get it off my chest.

BUt, the thing is, I'm really worried about tomorrow. I got into a panic earlier and my mum told me to go on the internet and try abd distract myself for a couple of hours!

I'm anxious about something I need to do tomorrow. I've got the triage nurse phoning me tomorrow afternoon, which I've been waiting for ages to happen. The thing is, its in the middle of the afternoon, and it means I have to leave work at lunchtime to get back in time.

Gosh! It all sounds so trivial!! :doh: But, this means I will have to tell my supervisor that I have to go, and I'm worried about it. She's not unfriendly, but she is a bit of a looming figure, and I don't know what to say to her. I'm just scared if I try to explain it a bit, I will either get into a real panic, or start crying or something else embarrassing :blush:

I have told another supervisor all about my anxiety, and about tomorrow, but she isn't in work on Mondays, so I need to let this other boss know I need to leave. But I'm so scared!! :unsure: I sound like an idiot, I know, but I've been getting more and more worried all day, fixated:wacko: :blush:

bottleblond
18-01-09, 21:43
Hi Budgie

Try to take the heat OFF the moment by telling your supervisor you are expecting a call when you go into work tomorrow. Give a brief reason, so when you get that call, you won't get into as much of a fluster. I know it will be difficult hun but better than having to pour it all out at once.

Best of luck

Love Lisa
xxxx