PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Really Hoping It's Not Just Me!!!

CDG
18-01-09, 18:09
Hi

I've just found this site in desperation to find someone else who might suffer from similar symptoms to me and may be able to share some coping strategies.

to cut a very long story short - i suffer from panic attacks that are brought on if I do not have access to a loo!!! Oh doesn't it sound ridiculous when written down.

If for some reason I can't get to a loo or feel embarrassment at the thought of going; I automatically get the overwhelming sense that i need to go - I'm pretty sure it's IBS but knowing what it's called is not helping.

This then gets worse and worse and becomes a full blown panic attack until I get back to what I feel is a "safe" environment.

Could go into so much more detail but wont!!!!

Please is there anyone else out there with a similar problem? Has anyone found any medication that helps - other than taking out shares in Immodium and such like!

:blush:

spaced
18-01-09, 19:10
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

weeble40
18-01-09, 19:45
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
18-01-09, 21:28
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Please remember you are never alone here.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

charlish74
19-01-09, 13:44
hi im the same as you i have panic or anxiety if im not near the loo i work out when i leave the house were the nearest one is, ive got ibs only got bad over the past 3 months i have had it for about 6 years now. i think thats what started my panic attacks of. my first panic attack was about 4 months ago never had one before but i remember not feeling to good but i went for a walk with my little girl and husband when bang ibs kicked in i needed to go then and there couldnt find a loo scared to death, i ran home so fast i was about 5mins walk from home .when i got home i went to the loo and felt better i took a buscopan for ibs but i felt so unreal butterflys felt sick you name it , i know thats what started my panic and anxiety never really been the same since even when i know theres a loo near by so your not alone hope you feel better soon x