PDA

View Full Version : Is your HA JUST about yourself?

Emaa
18-01-09, 18:20
I'm asking because lately I've found myself worrying about my boyfriend a hell of a lot.

Not to the point where I'm having panic attacks, but where I have to check his pulse in his sleep or ask him if he feels alright, or look at his face for ages for any signs of anything wrong. It's so stupid, I'm sure if he knew he'd think I was insane lol. He knows about my anxiety, but not that it's about him too..

Does anyone else get like this with their HA or is it just me?

Emaa
18-01-09, 18:20
P.s - It's not completely new, I used to check my mum's pulse in her sleep when I was little. But I haven't done anything like this in YEARS.

katr
18-01-09, 18:31
Hiya :) thanks for relpyin to me btw.

I freak out bout my boyfriend, if he aint feelin well i get v worried, he never goes to the doc about anythin even when he had a sore chest but that just my health anxiety taking over because he was rational and said it was a muscle, whereas i would have been thinking heart lol...

I havnt checked his pulse but i listen to his heart when we lyin watchin tv sometimes, hed be really cross if he knew i worried tho. I really worry bout my parents cause they older. My mum was away gettin an mri on her ear canal the other week but didnt tell me cause she knew i would freak out.

Emaa
18-01-09, 18:42
Np ;]

Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one doing things like this then lol - I feel a bit more sane now.

I don't really worry about my mum now, (Not in a bad way.) It was just when I was little, before I even knew what anxiety was. :/ x

andreaharriet
18-01-09, 19:02
i worry about my boyfriend and most members of my family too.

Alexy
21-01-09, 13:51
Im exactly the same:S
I lie awake at night terrified something bad could have happend to like any one i love:S
Its horrible xxxx

Under~The~Stars
21-01-09, 13:56
I am exactly the same! Not so much checking people's pulses, but really obsessing over their health... It's more my mum than anyone else that I do it with. I'm constantly getting onto her, to change her lifestyle as I'm terrified of something happening to her... I lie in bed worrying about it... and I have nightmares about it. It is horrible...

Big hugs! :hugs:

Lou x

angietomjimandcass
21-01-09, 14:00
I get it alot about my kids espeselly if they are ill or have a temp or runny poo.

valleybear
21-01-09, 16:24
Yes. Worry continually over children's health although they are adults now. Ashamed to admit that I have driven them wild nagging and advising .Can't seem to stop especially as there are some genuine health issues involved...but I am way over the top with my anxiety!

pigtailplaits
21-01-09, 16:51
My health anxiety is definately about my daughter and husband as well as myself. I also look for signs of illness, I look at the shape of my husbands head/skull for signs of a brain tumor etc. I wont let my daughter in the kitchen if my microwave is on coz I am paranoid it will give her a tumor. This is no way of living but it is part of me now, its starting to rub off on my husband in a bad way but I cant help it. I want to change but i cant ive had therapy and alsorts of cbt but nothing changes. I am paranoid I am gonna die young and leave my little girl behind or that she might go and leave me behind.

Anxious_gal
21-01-09, 19:00
I worry about my cat's health too,

Derek
21-01-09, 20:37
I think i worry about everyone! Friends and family, especially my daughter but i guess thats just natural, i think i'd say i'm always concerned, but never enough to really call it panic or anxiety.

cf09
21-01-09, 22:19
I'm fairly new here, but I'm exactly the same. I used to check that my mum was breathing when she was asleep when I was a child (I only recently figured out that this might have been the start of my anxiety).

I have obsessed over my partner's health - always nagging him to go to the doctors about this and that. But he's too laid back to bother going about anything.

I now mainly worry about my son's health. And, also that I might get ill and either be unable to look after my son or die before he is an adult.