PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

andreaharriet
18-01-09, 19:09
I've never been to the doctor about my health anxiety because ive always had some sort of anxiety.
but this i cannot live with.

i was thinknig i should go and see what they can do?
what is it im supposed to say, i just dont know how to get it out because i dont think theyll believe me or just say "come back if it doesnt go away" like they have done with everything else.

CJH86
18-01-09, 20:52
Hi, in my experience a lot of doctors have done the same to me with general anxiety issues in the past....i thought id sound like a bit of a headcase but i bit the bullet and went to the docs a week or so ago, i just made sure i told them how much it was taking over my life...she was quite understanding and examined me thoroughly to try and put my mind at rest, she told me that shes seen a lot of people with similar problems even including nurses and other healthcare professionals!

Im going back on wed and am gonna start on medication and counselling, i think it really is worth going to see the doctor

Jan63
18-01-09, 23:42
I've never been to the doctor about my health anxiety because ive always had some sort of anxiety.
but this i cannot live with.

i was thinknig i should go and see what they can do?
what is it im supposed to say, i just dont know how to get it out because i dont think theyll believe me or just say "come back if it doesnt go away" like they have done with everything else.
I asked if I could try citalopram and I really do think it's helping.:) Ask if you can try it because I suffer from health anxiety too.