PDA

View Full Version : Seen Around 30 Doctors And Not One New I Was Suffering From P/a

laura888
18-01-09, 21:18
This was how my p/a started i got up one morning with this really weired feeling on one side of my head. then the wobbly legs came 10 mins after , then my vison went blurry. then i think i had about just every symtom you get with p/a i was convinced i had a brain toumor. went to A/E done lots of tests, blood tests , urine sample, ECG, this one test to see how strong youre fingers and legs is think thats what they do if they suspect a brain toumor. any way could't find nothing wrong so sent me home and just suggested rest and see my g.p in the morning. so i went to g.p and he put it down to sinus. so off i went home crying. still conviced i had a brain toumor it went on and on i was in A/E about 5 times a month still no one could find out what was wrong with me 1 year later i still have this pressure on my head that never ever went a way. by now i was on the wating list for a brain scan 2 months after i get brain scan and every thing is normal. so by this time i'd seen round about 30 different doctors and not one suggested P/A. I have been treated for just about every thing i think but yet no one new what was wrong with me. i lost 2stone i could't eat or never bothered getting dressed i just gave up then one day i fell pregnant with my 2nd child. you might be thinking how i could be bothered with sex well thats just it i could't but thought about my B/F leaving me so anyway i just thought if i don't get on with life i will lose this baby then that was it i booked in with my midwife and i told her about my symtoms. AND what do you no she suggested i was suffering from P/A witch to be honest i never heard of them so i went to see my doctor and at last my doctor confirmed i was suffering with P/A i'd seen 30 doctors and one midwife and that one midwife saved my life as i had just about gave up. 5 years on i still get them but at least i no what is wrong with me.:yesyes:

NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT GIVE UP THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL :yahoo:

Nechtan
19-01-09, 00:07
Hi,

Your story will be such a familiar one to lots of people and is to me too. I had the constant visits, fear of brain tumour or that I'd had a stroke, weight loss and no answers. In the end, and it took a couple of years, I worked it out for myself. In my case too I had all the tests and ended up with things like nasal sprays because one doctor thought it was sinus related.

I know anxiety is hard to diagnose but it should at least be on the agenda for a GP. So many people suffer from it and so many people go undiagnosed. You have to wonder how so many people can go for so long in the dark but the infuriating thing is it happens all the time. And in many cases if you knew early enough you could stop yourself declining at least.

All the best

Nechtan