PDA

View Full Version : acid indegestion and heartburn

tracy1972
18-01-09, 21:59
i have been getting a lot of acid taste and pains from acid in the top of my tummy, just below my rib cage and in my throat, and no matter what i eat healthy or not i get it and if i bend over i get it. the pains get really bad at times can stress and panic and anxiety do this to you the doctors put it down to that but been fobbed of a lot lately and just feel as if i am going mad can anyone help me please as this is driving me mad and cant think of why this is happening the only other thing that i can think of is after my last child 10yrs ago i have not been eating properly and sometimes i can eat one meal a day another 2 times in a day i have been trying to get back to three meals a day but not having much luck any ideas will be very greatful

Vanilla Sky
18-01-09, 23:15
Hi tracy, sounds like acid reflux did your doctor say that ? And did you get anything for it like lansoprazole or omeprazole ? I took lansop for about six months and it really helped. Maybe it would help you and if you get rid of the acid your appetite may return back to normal

Jan63
18-01-09, 23:31
I would ask your doctor to prescribe omeprazole or something like it if I was you because I have found that it's brilliant. I take one everyday and it's really kept the heartburn and indigestion at bay. Apparently you can also get away with taking one every 3 days sometimes once they get into your system. They are much better than gaviscon and things you can buy from the chemist.:yesyes: