PDA

View Full Version : scared about my little boy

leanne1980
19-01-09, 10:25
hi

hope someone can help reassure me, earlier on my 4 year old was lying on the sofa, he said" mummy my head hurts" i called him upstair and he started bouncing on my bed, of course im thinking stop and let me look at you, he said it was at the side kinda on his neck too, i asked him a minute later if it was still there he said abit then again a minute later it was gone, i didnt want to make him realise i was bothered as he may play up to it then he would always say it, the whole time though he was larking about and wouldnt stay still.

he also had the same prob two weeks ago, but it was at the top. ive had pains like this before, he does also have a cough at the moment, i know i prob sound so OTT but u dont think its a brain tumor do u?? im obsessed with bloody brain tumors, comman sense tells me dont be silly but i love him so so much, he is extra special to me as he was the 1st after my twins passed away, i feel like god wants to hurt me everytime im happy.

why do i think every little thing is gonna be something terrible???
he also said it was like a ball banging lol, his words not mine. the thing is he was fine the whole time, not crying or holding it, just mucking about.

leanne xx

LeeBee
19-01-09, 10:35
Hi leanne

It sounds like he is a perfectly normal, healthy little boy. And bouncy :).

The fact that he said that it went away so quickly indicates that it isn't anything serious. As well as bouncing up and down like a yo-yo, he was probably experimenting with different ways of lying on the sofa. He probably just 'cricked' his neck a little and within a couple of minutes it was fine.

Brain tumour would be very unlikely to present as neck pain, or any kind of pain. As I understand it, it usually presents with visual or balance problems.

I totally understand what you mean by feeling like good things will be taken away (I've just posted on this in another forum). I can't imagine what you must have been through with the loss of your twins. It's not surprising that you worry. But your little boy is fine.

NervousNellie
19-01-09, 13:03
Hi Leanne,

I completely understand how you feel! I have 2 little girls and I drive myself crazy thinking about the "what if"!!! My oldest is 5 years old and she occasionally complains about a headache. She also has some pretty serious sinus problems (thanks to the family genes!), but whenever she mentions any type of ache or pain, my mind completely blows it out of proportion! My daughter sometimes complains that her neck hurts. I used to freak out about it until my husband took me into her bedroom one night and showed me how she was sleeping. She was lying on her pillow with her head tipped all the way back and her body twisted up - if I ever slept like that, I would never be able to get up out of bed! So it's no wonder that her neck hurts from time to time!

Just try to relax - if something was seriously wrong with your little boy, he wouldn't be bouncing around. Seems to me like he is just fine! :)

leanne1980
19-01-09, 13:47
hi

thank u both so much for replying, ive been half expecting the preschool to phone me but they havn't yet.

im sure its nothing, i think worring about our kids is worse than worring about ourselves.

leanne xxxxx