PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Low - Enlarged Thyroid & Cysts

tattybear
08-07-05, 14:41
Hi Everyone,

Been feeling a lot better lately and some of you may know that a few months ago it was found (through an ultrasound) that I have cysts on my thyroid & My thyroid gland is also enlarged.

The hospital have not carried out any blood test to check for under or over active thyroid, no needle tests on the cysts etc. I told them i was suffering with depression / anxiety (which i dont think i shouldve) and it seems theyve just written off me feeling tired etc to depression (even tho it happened long before the depression!) The consultant basically said that having an enlarge thyroid would not have any effect whatsoever on how i feel - but i cant see how they can tell this without blood tests!!

Anyways....back to the point! These last 2 days my thyroid is protruding more and is a lot more enflamed and its now becoming harder to swollow and i keep getting cramp like spasms.....which then makes me worry...and then brings on the panic and makes my throat even worse!! [V]

Im gonna go to the doctors on monday and tell him about it as im not sure whether i'd be able to call the hospital ENT directly about it - im supposed to have an appointment in a few months to keep and eye on them unless in the meantime it plays up.

Not sure whether to call hospital ENT dept first or go to docs....any advise anyone?

Sorry for rambling just needed to get it all out!

Tatty B xx

leo05
08-07-05, 14:46
hi there sorry you are havin hard time at mo

i would contact the hospital and still make appointment for docs as you can always cancel

but stay strong and positive

leanne [8D]

Meg
08-07-05, 15:19
Tatty ,

Ring the consultants secretary and tell her it is causing you difficulties.

You must have had blood tests done at the GPs prior to going to the hospital.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tattybear
08-07-05, 15:24
Hi Meg,

I had some blood tests done but this was back in december before they even noticed anything about my thyroid. It was actually my psychiatrist which noticed it was enlarged and then the ENT consultant when I was being seen about my ears regarding dizzyness[B)] That why im suprised theyve not done anything since then to double check... As much as i hate needles /blood, I would so rather go through with it if it helps in anyway to help how i feel.

Tatty B xx

pips
08-07-05, 16:07
Hi Tatty B,

Sorry your feeling so rough hun.

I hope things get sorted for you soon.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
08-07-05, 16:10
Yes , Get your GP to do a screen on Monday and ring the consultant as well.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
08-07-05, 19:39
Tatty

Sorry to hear all this and I hope it gets sorted soon.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"