PDA

View Full Version : hi new here help plz

eddy1985
19-01-09, 21:03
hi im new to here....
my story iv had anxiety for about 1 year ....went from very mild to very bad
after dp kicked in that is. i think i hav GAD
although dp doesnt really bother me much,
i tried using acceptance method for a few months and i came to the point where i thought i was recovered
but about a week ago a weird i started to think what is thinking etc
and since then ive been stuck really bad
ikeep thiniking what are thoughts and then my thoughts dont seem my own and it gets pretty scary like im goin crazy
before i used to use my thinking to get me out of situations like what if thoughts etc i used to counter them with my thinking but now thinking itself has gone against me and i dont see a way out of this one ...i come through so much but this thing is just scary for me i cant use self talk as this itself is a problem too.
any help would be grateful...ive heard i should accept it but its a hard one when u cant even think straight without thinking seeming foreign to me .

thanks for reading.

tanya 1
19-01-09, 21:14
hi eddy and welcome im new too and have had lots of good advice allready and this site makes you feel like you are not the only one feeling this way.
tanya 1 x:welcome:

sunshine-lady
19-01-09, 21:24
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

eddy1985
19-01-09, 21:25
thanks....ive read alot on here before but i just registered now ...i thought i was cured but this has just put me down

eddy1985
20-01-09, 18:13
anybodyyyyyyy help??????????????????

tanya 1
20-01-09, 18:14
hi eddy wots up are you ok ?
tanya 1 x

eddy1985
20-01-09, 20:42
hi, no , its about that what i wrote above ..no ones replied i needed help with this. thanks

bottleblond
20-01-09, 20:54
Eddy

Have you spoken to you GP at all about the way you have been feeling?

There are so many different options now rather than just being put on a medication but really your GP must be your first port of call.

I think what you describe is pretty common anxiety feelings and one that many of us here have/do experience. I can understand how frustrated and scared you must feel but please try not to panic hun as nothing bad is going to happen to you.

I really hope you are feeling a bit better.

Lisa

eddy1985
20-01-09, 22:31
thanks lisa....il think il go to the docs and see if he refers me to a phychiatrist.
i just want a diagnosis. ive never knew what exactly was causing these thoughts etc.
i always thought it was GAD but i never get panicky or any physical symptoms.
so it couldbe dp on its own.
i guess il have to find out first.
thanks