PDA

View Full Version : hi i'm new

justjenny
19-01-09, 21:57
hi just thought i'd introduce myself as a fellow health-anxiety sufferer. I've had this on and off for about 4 years now (im now 23).

My main concerns are being diagnosed with a horrible disease/illness (i oddly dont worry about 'instant' death & have no problem taking certain risks, for me its more the thought of living with a terminal illness), heart palpitations/ectopic beats, a feeling of 'buzzing' or 'vibrating' in my whole body (the best way i can describe this is like if u were to hold down the accelerator of the car whilst parked!) respiratory conditions (i get a horrible 'crackling' feeling in my throat like popping candy - anyone else get this???).

At the moment im worried cuz about a month ago i went for a whole range of blood tests to try & find the cause of my palpitations, and they all came back normal, however the other day I got a letter from my GP saying 'further to your recent blood tests, the dr would like you to come back in for more blood tests'. This is really worrying my cuz I cant stop thinking why on earth i need more tests, there must be something wrong?! I've made the appointment but unforutnately cant go for another week,and then after that it'll be about another week for the results :-(

Anyway glad i've found somewhere to meet people going through the same horrible experiences as me...

x

kaijo
19-01-09, 22:22
Hey and welcome, I'm 24 so nearly the same age and have suffered with HA for 2 years now. if u want to chat plz msg me.

xxx

Utility
19-01-09, 22:38
Hi

Don't worry about this. It is quite routine for blood tests to be taken and then followed up by more tests. It doesn't mean anything more sinister. If there was anything that your doctor was concerned about then you would have been informed by now.

I have been through the same sort of thing, where after having blood tests and coming back normal, more are taken just to come back normal.

NervousNellie
19-01-09, 23:04
Hi Justjenny and :welcome: !!!

I don't think that you have anything to worry about! Give your doc a call and ask him for details! Find out what the reason is for further testing. That should put your mind at ease!

sunshine-lady
19-01-09, 23:13
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

jobear
20-01-09, 10:48
hey!

dont worry about that! evey time i have blood tests they send me a letter through saying the same thing. just something they have to do!

pm me whenever jo xxx