PDA

View Full Version : just having another bad attack

ukmanmartineyre
20-01-09, 01:25
1:30 in the morning and having another bad panic attack now to scared to go to bed have been violently sick and am worried i am going to die having to get my mum to sit up with me AGAIN!!! this is the first one ive had during the night they have all been in the daytime,so i dont know wen im gonna be calm enough to go to sleep now cant even have another diazepam cause already 3 today ITS GONNA BE A LONG NIGHT

Veronica H
20-01-09, 05:27
:bighug1: oh you poor thing,many of us have been where you are tonight, but this will get better as your nerves start to repair themselves as they will if you donot add too much fear. Try to accept that these are side effects of your nerves being sensitised. I hope you and your mum get some rest soon.

Veronica

Dominic1975
20-01-09, 08:06
Hope you eventually managed to get some sleep.... its really frieghtening when this happens and then you start feeling guilty cos ither are having to sit up with you

reachersgal
20-01-09, 10:16
Hi, My attacks have all been at night and so terrible because it's dark out and I can't find anything to distract myself to stop them getting out of hand.

Be very kind to your self today I know how aweful the recovery from one is. I hope you get some rest today. just want to send a big hug too.

shortstuff
20-01-09, 11:24
Hi Martin, didn't you mention that you'd started on Citalopram? Sometimes side effects can cause panic, disturbed sleep or strange dreams (the last two can lead to a panic in the middle of the night). If this is the case, reassure yourself that the side effects are only temporary and will ease in 2 - 3 weeks. The benefits of getting through this part of medication outway the drawbacks of those first few weeks.

Like so many others here, I have had the night panics which are by far the worst. Like you say, there is little distraction and the world seems like a lonlier, more scary place. Also, this is a time when you are meant to be at your most calm and relaxed so panic seems to be ten times worse than if it happens during the day. My most recent night panic was on Sunday and I'm still coming down from it somewhat. I am compensating through relaxation music at various points through the day. I find this gradually reduces my anxiety which prevents the panic-anxiety cycle.

Keep telling yourself that this will get better. Be as kind to yourself as you possibly can be and try to find something which will help you unwind (a lot easier to say than do - I KNOW).

This site has been a lifeline for me and many others - knowing that there are people who truly understand AND have survived makes a huge difference.

Love and best wishes

Nic
x

ukmanmartineyre
20-01-09, 12:59
thankyou for all your replies after my bad night it was lovely to wake up this morning and see all the replies ive had:)

dbhiggy
20-01-09, 15:36
don't know where you live but I found a fantastic healer and counsellor called Maureen Vasey. She cured my acute panic attacks in a couple of sessions and changed my life. Her web site is www.maureenvasey.org.uk (http://www.maureenvasey.org.uk)