PDA

View Full Version : Hello - I'm New - just restarting Seroxat

Rachel_N
20-01-09, 05:58
I am so glad to have found this website! Have suffered alone for many years. I suffer with major anxiety an panic attacks (continual, one after the other). This is when I am not on tablets, my drug of choice has been Seroxat in the past and I have just re-started on Sunday. I quit them after approx 4yrs use and withdrawl was ok. Thought I did not need them anymore and would try SJW instead. Then........Sunday morning happened and it has all come back. Of course I need time to get the drug back in my system and I am having terrible side effects at the moment, symtoms being alot worse whilst the drug 'beds' in. I had 2 hours sleep tonight with aid of sleeping tab and have been up since 2am at my wits end. Symtoms - hot and cold flashes, shaking, racing heart (REALLY bad) and I cannot sleep beacouse of the masses of adrenaline coursing around my body. And of course any worry goes straight to my bowels. I was hoping to chat in the chatroom but unable to until I am a member for 5 days :weep: - help!

Dominic1975
20-01-09, 07:47
Hi Rachael....

I hope you are feeling better soon and the side effects become under control.... Ive never been on mediction myself, but I can image it is frieghtening until they start to take affect... Welcome to nmp and im sure you will get lots of support from everyone on here

Patty
20-01-09, 10:59
Hi Rachel, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

bottleblond
20-01-09, 11:56
Hi Rachel

Welcome to NMP :flowers:

I'm really sorry you are feeling so bad at the moment. Keep posting and we will help as much as possible.

Lisa
xx

Under~The~Stars
20-01-09, 13:21
Hi Rachel :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP!

I hope you find the help and support that you need :hugs:

Lou x

weeble40
20-01-09, 19:56
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

jandmsmum
20-01-09, 22:42
Hi Rachel. Welcome to NMP. Im sure youll find lots of help on here. Even just reading other peoples experiences can be a big help.:welcome:

sunshine-lady
20-01-09, 22:43
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

satjason
21-01-09, 02:47
hi rach,

would be great to talk to you ive never taken seroxat, but on it now 10mg used to be on citalopram. please let me know how you get on with it etc

thanks jason

phil75
21-01-09, 08:57
Hi Rach, I am new to the forum, and having a real tuff time at the moment too, I hope you feel better soon, your not alone, i have used seroxat a couple of years ago, i remember those dreaded two weeks!. it will get better :-)

Rachel_N
21-01-09, 22:11
Six hours without a PA - then bam! Just to remind you it's still there. I am getting worked up about trying to go to bed because the nights are the worst. But the light is at the end of the tunnel :yesyes:

popsy
22-01-09, 09:34
Hi.
Your story sounds so similar to mine its freaky!!!
I started on seroxat 9 years ago (30mg), and slowley cut it down to 10mg over a long 8 years, then 'BAM' a year ago all the terrible anxiety and depression came back, ALL the symptoms you are describing i promise, it was horrendous and went on for what felt like ages. After a few months and a referral to a psychistrist i was put onto 60mg of seroxat and 2mg diazapam a day. It did take a while for the seroxat to take affect and the side effects of going back on it (looking back) was what was causing a lot of the anx symptoms, but honestly they do start to work again, you just have to give it time. One piece of advice i can give you is to stop fighting the anxiety and stop being desperate to be better like NOW because that just feeds it and produces more adrenaline, i didnt start to get better until i 'aloud' myself to be ill for a while and stopped expecting to be the 'old me' within a few days. Unfortunately it really does take time to get better.....

I myself am back on here today as after a good 4 or 5 months i think im having a bit of a blip (please dont think this is going to happen to you) and im just seeking support from here as i have done many times before.....

Good luck and please pm me anytime if you wanna chat.
:bighug1: Popsy x x x