PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a blow

Janieb
20-01-09, 08:23
I was feeling good about my work and things like that, this was a milestone for me as normally it goes pearshaped after 6 months and things had been progressing well.

Yesturday I heard from a reliable source of mine that they are thinking of extending my probation period. I have been with the company for over 3 years and had to sign a new contract and go on to do 6 months probation because I left for a period of 2 weeks. I though this was just a formality and you know come the end of the 6 months sign the forms lets go.

I think half of me feels rather betrayed! In the last 6 months nothing has been said to me adverse or to imply I was not delivering what was expected. And now there is talk of extending it for a further 3 months....so all in all 9 months probation. But like I might as well go somewhere else and do 3 months there at least I might be guaranteed a job at the end of it all... think I am suffering from a combination of shock and disbelief. My meeting is next Tuesday, um I kind of don't even want to come into work I feel so betrayed...never mind hey, just needed to vent.