PDA

View Full Version : I'd like you to read this, regarding my pa story

halfwaythroughpa
08-07-05, 18:17
Hi

This is my first time as a member and as a postee to post my story of my panic attacks.

I can remember it was when i was in Year 2, that must have been about 1995-96 and i was making something, i think it was a racing car made out of cardboard and the other bits and pieces lying around. Then i decided i'd have a laugh with some of my other classmates and so i decided to put a bag on my head, not over my head, but over my head, you know, laying on top of my head. Then someone who was standing next to me said "you're gonna die now". That was it. I stared at him and said "sorry?". He said the same thing again. Everyone else was laughing but i wasn't. In a minute i went from a really happy would-do-anything-type person to a really frightened and upset little kid. I remember sitting downstairs in my pyjamas, at around 10.30pm, i was shaking because i thought i was gonna die. My mum said i wasn't and course i know that now, but as a little kid, you think that don't you if some little kid told you? Anyway, as the days went this got worser and worser because i was now afraid of smelling or trying anything new, i even remember someone put a crisp packet on my head, and i said "don't do that. Something's gonna happen to me". Everyone laughed and when i think about it, i probably should have but as a frightened always-worried kid, i felt like i was gonna die JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE PUT A CRISP PACKET ON MY HEAD. It's stupid when i think about it now.

Anyway, this frighteness went away until i got to Year 7 and i was worried because i was leaving my primary school and going to secondary school. I was scared of shouting.

It went away again after a while, but in September 2002, i started feeling panicky. And it lasted throughout my lessons. But the day came in November 2002, i think it was a Thursday and i had my first full blown panic attack. I woke up in the morning and i had a massive panic attack. It lasted all day and for 8 months, YES 8 MONTHS i spent my time down by my head of year's office. ALL the time, but in June 2003 i started going into about 1 of 2 lessons. But in September 2003, i went back into all my lessons, after the summer break.

Only a few weeks ago in June 2005, i had to go to Room 16, that's a special quite room because i had a full blown panic attacks. One morning during that month, i felt sick and felt like dying.

I still have panic attacks now but not as bad as they used to be.

That's my life with panic attacks so far.

Please express your views if you want to or just read out of intrest. I hope this helps some people.

Thank you for your time.

Meg
08-07-05, 18:44
Thanks for sharing this.

Glad you've been through the worst and are now managing better.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
08-07-05, 18:52
Thanks for sharing yout story. Hope we can offer you some good support here. :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
08-07-05, 19:17
Welcome aboard the forum and thanks for the story.

I am glad that you are doing better now. Perhaps we can help you to rid yourself of the panic all together.

Take a look at this page first - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

pinkscrumpy
09-07-05, 09:49
Thankyou for sharimg your story. Welcome to the forum.

I hope we can help

MANDIE XX

dan04
09-07-05, 11:16
Welcome to the forum.

Everyone's really great here so hopefully they'll be able to give you some advice on dealing with your panic.

All the best,
Dan.

sal
09-07-05, 22:58
Good to hear from you and a great post.

You have done really well and sharing how you feel will help loads of people.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

jill
11-07-05, 00:03
Hi,

WELCOME TO THE SITE.

Thank you for sharing your story.
You are making much proggress WELL DONE [^]

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Cinders4
11-07-05, 21:58
Its amazing the impact that seemingly small things that happen to us in childhood have on our entire lives....

Do we ever stop being that frightened child???

Feel free to pm me anytime for a chat.... JO[|)]