PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get.....?

Meewah
20-01-09, 21:45
Hi All

I seem to be going through a better period at the moment mainly because I have found some interests that I have a passion for.

Now and again I get the following symptoms which worry me as ther seems to be no trigger.

Hot flushed feeling cheeks.
Tingling in my tongue end (as if you have burnt it in a hot drink.)
A feeling of tension all over but mainly noticable in my ribcage and backs of hands.

Does anyone get these symptoms seperatley or combined?

Thanks

Mee

Utility
20-01-09, 22:55
Hi

Don't be concerned about things like this. It is very common to get these sorts of feelings even when you don't feel anxious or tense. I get a variety of such things, which I would describe as out of the blue.

Meewah
23-01-09, 04:45
Thanks, for a minute I thought I was on my own with this one.

Mee

Caldo
23-01-09, 09:23
I very often get hot and/or flushed cheeks. It usually makes my ears hot as well.

Meewah
26-01-09, 00:07
Anyone get the tongue end sensitivity thing...feels like you have dipped it in a hot drink and it feels slightly sore?

Mee

PHOBIA MAN
26-01-09, 01:16
schedule some relaxation time EVERY DAY get some nice soft floaty music and think deeply about what it feels like to feel the icey cold winter wind on your face and at the same time pinch your thumb and mid finger together, this will make it possible to just do the pinch and cause the blood from your cheeks to recede, thus undoing your blushing, go on imagine a cold biting wind (PINCH), soooo ccccoold that you can bearly stand it, BRRR!!!
This is an NLP technique called anchoring (Cold-Pinch) the imagination is powerful enough to cause many physical effects. Want proof? have you ever tasted raw lemon juice? the way it is sooo SHARP on the tongue, making you screw up your face with the sheer BITTER TASTE!! or maybe something just as TANGY!! (are you salivating yet?) quite possibly! the mind, when strongly imagining can have physical effects, give it a go! As for tongue thing, not sure but destressing could help, with relaxation, don't try, just let it happen!