PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Onlyme
21-01-09, 06:37
Hi Folks

43 year old male, suffered from anxiety, depression, agrophobia, etc for a good 10+ years. Although I've never actually taken a single drug for the conditions, preferred to suffer than getting hooked on some medication, apart from the odd herbal tablets you can buy from the chemist.

Ive hid my condition from friends for years and it has stopped me working and generally enjoying life for the period I've suffered from it, but I've had enough now, I need to confront it now and try and master beating the thing.

Its hard for me writing this for some reason, I guess its the "shame" factor that anxiety gives us when admiting these things.

Brian

Deepest Blue
21-01-09, 06:42
Hi onlyme, welcome to the forum, I hope you find the help you require, there's some great information on this site.

Take Care.

tigger1964
21-01-09, 06:44
Hi,

Welcome to nmp, this site is great and its been a god send and a life line to me. I suffer from agoraphobia, panic and anxiety and i dont take medication either, ive opted for therapy.

Theres loads of information on the site, and the chat room is great for a chat and information from other members who are further down the recovery road.

take care

sharon

lesleya
21-01-09, 07:32
:welcome: to nmp, you will find everyone here will give you lots of help and support and im sure you will make many new friends along the way.
Take care
xxx

Dominic1975
21-01-09, 08:06
Welcome to nmp..... just admitting it will make you feel better....
you can now start to get the help you need to live a great life
Lots of information on here, plus just people to chat to that understand

weeble40
21-01-09, 09:03
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Veronica H
21-01-09, 09:37
:welcome: to NMP. Many here feel as you do. There is a brilliant book called 'self help for your nerves' by Dr claire Weekes available from the NMP shop and also free downloads of Dr Weekes in the shop to get you started. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us and how we can recover.Glad you have found us.

Veronica

spaced
21-01-09, 14:15
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

satjason
21-01-09, 15:25
hi mate

theres no shame there are as you see a lot of us. im a plumber, had everything and its brought me right down, so have turned to everyone and this site for help

best wishes jason

sunshine-lady
21-01-09, 23:58
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

Onlyme
22-01-09, 04:47
Thanks for the terrific welcome folks. :yesyes:

Patty
22-01-09, 20:55
Hi Brian, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D