PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia

KC
21-01-09, 12:30
I would very much like some advice on how I can get a grip on my problem. I have had a very stressful few years and imagine the way I feel now is a culmination of these, however I really need to try to stop the way I am feeling and return to feeling 'normal' again. I just dont know how at the minute. For the last few weeks, I have become terrified of my husband leaving me. In the past, this did happen once and I suppose I have never quite dealt with that? At present, everyday I have panic attacks if I can't get hold of him - I am working still (just) although at home I simply cannot let him out of my sight. He is being supporting but I feel guilty for behaving like this and cannot seem to stop this. The panic attacks which can happen at any time in the day are awful. Unless I can speak with him instantly, I cannot seem to handle myself. I have started Citalopram but not a lot of success yet. I did read up on dependant personality disorder and this did seem to fit with how I feel - frightenend of being abandoned etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am really struggling to work like this.
Kerry