PDA

View Full Version : Colon/Bowel cancer scares

Alexy
21-01-09, 13:57
Right, so im 17, and recently iv been terrified of having bowel or colon cancer. It all started a few months back when i felt like what i can only describe as a sharp pain like that felt like it was kinda deep inside my like bowel, and i did some research and sometimes this does just randomly happen, so i kind of let it go. But since then, at least a few times a week i get pains in the general area, not quite as sharp, but still uncomfortable, and lasts for a few minutes. I went to the doctors about it the other week, but like, i don't feel he toook me very seriously and as i left i looked on his screen that they type stuff on and he had just put "another set of symptoms" so yeah:S
And im panicing, and trying so hard to not google either cancers cos im so scared:( Has ANYBODY ever had this type of thing before? Any replies would help xxxxx

Alexy
21-01-09, 17:23
:'(

Trixie
21-01-09, 18:24
:'(

Are you constipated or anything?

amu
21-01-09, 20:44
What your doctor did sounds awful, even if you have health anxiety he should at least listen and document your symptoms.:mad:
It seems to me that the pain isn't worsening, in fact it's less painful than before? Are you constipated/bloated/do you have diarrhoea? (If you do, don't worry, it's still most likely IBS.) If you don't, well, pain on its own is not a classic bowel cancer symptom.:hugs:
Also, I know everyone probably tells you this, but bowel cancer in your age is virtually unheard of. It is true that more younger people get it nowadays, but "younger" in the case of bowel cancer is people in their 30s and sometimes late 20s. However, pain could have a lot of reasons other than cancer, which still need treated, so your doctor should have looked into it... but I would forget the cancer worry if I were you.

rose09
22-01-09, 01:07
Hey.

I feel for you. The amount of times I have convinced myself I have bowel cancer. Your symptoms to not sound like cancer to me, but my words at this time may not be help to you.
Just no this I am 20 yrs old and have convinced myself at some point in the last two years that have bowel/colon cancer, but all those symptoms that i once felt disappeared with time.
Sounds to me you may have irritable bowel syndrome as being in a high state of anxiety can do all sorts of weird and wonderful things to our bodies. Your only 17 darlin I really doubt its anything for you to worry about.

Rose x

Alexy
22-01-09, 20:08
Thank you for your replies..but i have also noticed black dots in my stools..im terrified..iv just posted another thread about it..:'(

rose09
22-01-09, 20:19
hey sweetie.

Listen when I was going through an eppisode of an anxiety attick with the possibility of getting bowel cancer it was terrifying experiance.
When you are constantly noticing every single little detail in your stool there is bound to be something that occasionally does not look "normal."

Whilst I was doing this I even noticed blood on more than one occasion and really freaked out and convinced my self I was dying. Your so young and the more you think your self into "i feel i have cancer" your going to give yourself more anxiety affects to your body. Next time you notice sometng wrong with your stool think about it rationally , do not jump the gun and presume the worst. I know from experiance that this is easier said than done, but I am sure you are fine!

best wishes rose x