PDA

View Full Version : what a day....

ukmanmartineyre
21-01-09, 16:40
today i was the worst ive ever been i was jumping up and down saying i was gonna die, i got that bad i bust my mums light fitting threw things,my dad phones the ambulance and they wouldnt come till police came and calmed me down still feel really ill nah,anyways they took me to the hospital and once again they told me nothing was wrong hope this doesnt happen again tonite and i hope i will be ok i just cant stop thinking im going to die

andie73
21-01-09, 18:18
Hi

You really need to try to believe what they have told you at the hospital, they know what they are talking about. I know it's hard when you have health anx, I have it myself. Last year I was convinced I was gonna die of a heart attack, yet I am still here. Accepting that it was just anx improved my heart palps enormously and so now I don't focus on it as much.

It sounds as though you were in a real state if the ambulance wouldn't come without the police, it is no wonder you still feel ill. I don't know what to suggest really and I don't want this to sound awful cos I'm honestly not meaning it to, but I have been around a few people who have really been dying and believe me if you were dying I don't think you'd be jumping up and down and throwing things around. It's honestly just anxiety.

ukmanmartineyre
21-01-09, 19:21
my mum said exactly the same thing, its just hard for me to calm down once i feel ill,how do u handle the panic attacks????? martin

mabelina
21-01-09, 19:51
Hi Martin, have you ever considered alternative therapies? Acupuncture, reflexoloy, hypnotherapy etc etc? It certainly couldnt hurt to give them a try. Sorry if this sounds harsh but if i had attacks as bad as your getting, id would try anything. CBT is also very very good too. Have you read Claire Weeks book?