PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks

charlish74
21-01-09, 22:13
hi i had my first panic attack in hospital never had one before ever, but some how i got through it that evening i bit scared but it went,it was only when the nurse said i think you have had a panic attack that made me think(did i). when i came home 2 days later it came back again i felt so ill i went for a walk and bang my legs went i felt sick needed a loo asap couldnt move went to my gp who said i had panic attacks.my point is if i never went to the gp would i of thought i was just feeling really ill or did it make it worse knowing i had panic attacks and anxiety as now i watch for every thing since that day i have had them that was 4 months ago now im on citalepram and beta blockers and it makes my ibs worse than before as now i need to know were every loo is before i go out havent been out for about a week so now i have anexiety just incase theres no loo near me how strange that knowing something can make it come on ie panic attacks anxiety.my children keep me going there 16 14 6 and 4 so never a dull moment i just wondered if any one else felt like this thankyou for reading x:)

Utility
21-01-09, 23:33
Hi

It is very common for people to feel the way you are feeling and as you say you start to panic about the panic attacks. The main thing is to try and relax. I know it can be easy to say and difficult to put into place but by relaxing it will help ease the anxiety.

helen2203
30-01-09, 09:02
hi i had my first panic attack in hospital never had one before ever, but some how i got through it that evening i bit scared but it went,it was only when the nurse said i think you have had a panic attack that made me think(did i). when i came home 2 days later it came back again i felt so ill i went for a walk and bang my legs went i felt sick needed a loo asap couldnt move went to my gp who said i had panic attacks.my point is if i never went to the gp would i of thought i was just feeling really ill or did it make it worse knowing i had panic attacks and anxiety as now i watch for every thing since that day i have had them that was 4 months ago now im on citalepram and beta blockers and it makes my ibs worse than before as now i need to know were every loo is before i go out havent been out for about a week so now i have anexiety just incase theres no loo near me how strange that knowing something can make it come on ie panic attacks anxiety.my children keep me going there 16 14 6 and 4 so never a dull moment i just wondered if any one else felt like this thankyou for reading x:)

Hi Charlish,

I am sorry for the way you are feeling, I read your story about loos it's the exact same thing for me, I haven't been able to go out at all for years now i have been housebounds with panic attacks, anxiety and agoraphobia, the thought of going out and there are no loos about frighten the life out of me and the panick attacks is tenfold. i've visioned myself going out and see how far i can walk without needing the loo, for two days i've manager to walk some distant but on day two i had a panic attacks and felt i've over done it, now i am back to square one. I know exactly how you feel, for me it's the stomach churning, the feeling of needing to go to the loo and the thought of if there are no loos about and me messing myself and being in the street is overwhelming, it's such a truama. But there are light at the end of the tunnel, one have to keep hoping and take each day as it comes.

i hope this help

helen:)