PDA

View Full Version : Hey I am new here :D

rose09
22-01-09, 00:48
Hiya, my name is Rose.

Feels a bit funny putting all my worries and wo's onto people I hardly no ... but hay ho :)

Where has it all began ... I think it was about three years ago my Mum was diagnosed with breast cancer, shortly after this my Father died very suddenly.
Ever since this time I find myslef worrying about the slighest things really getting into a fixed panic about it, my heart starts to race fast and I feel like what I am worrying about takes control of me. It affects my every day life.
I have almost convinced myself that I have had nearly every cancer you can think of, been to the doctors so many times, they must think " oh no its her again!"
whilst I am worrying about something it affects my work and my ability to think straight. I put unecessary pressure on my family, boyfriend and friends seeking reassurance. It is just wearing me out.

At this moment in time i have developed a very saw/acheing area under my left armpit and cant think what it possibly could be, it hurts to touch and I am really worrying about it.

I really need to find a way to not allow myself to panic and worry about the slighest little thing, which I always find myself doing.

any replies will be greatly appreciated :D

Take it easy

Rose x

rose09
22-01-09, 01:10
i am also typing in google, all reasons why you may get aches under your arm pit, but its sore right now and really sore to touch, i am 20 by the way and very worried :(

AnnieMags
22-01-09, 01:35
Hello Rose, this is most likely to be an infected hair follicle. Have you shaved or waxed recently? I have had this several times and it makes the whole armpit sore with one especially painful and tender area. Have you had a good look? See if you can see a red little boil under the skin - if there is, this is what it is likely to be. I would not worry about anything more sinister at this stage AND DON'T GOOGLE :) Nothing good ever comes of it. Let us know how you get on. Best wishes from Annie

JessicaLynn
22-01-09, 03:56
Hi rose09! Welcome. I'm very sorry to hear about your parents and it is very understandable that you've developed a problem with anxiety and health anxiety. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I worry about every little ache and pain. I too am also a compulsive worrier. The best thing that I've found to help that is to find something that can keep my mind off of whatever is worrying. I've also joined a group through my college where I can talk to others about my worry and learn relaxation methods (which have prooven quite succesfull.) If you talk to you GP they can probably inform you about support groups that meet for people with anxiety.

Unfortunately, I'm not really sure as to why you have the pain in your armpit. Sorry. :(

P.S. I am 21 yrs old, so I know what its like to be young and deal with all this worry and anxiety... It def. sucks. Hope you're feeling better soon :)

rose09
22-01-09, 20:10
thanks for you kind messages :D x