PDA

View Full Version : Ever Decreasing Circle

bennyboy71
09-07-05, 18:07
I seem to be in a trap and can't get out!

For nearly 2 years I have been having chest and breathing problems! I had a cough and after it had disappeared went back 2 eeks later and did a class at the gym! Bad Mistake, gave me bad chest pains and knocked me out with flu and the worse cough I have ever had! As a result it was always difficult to do any exercise at the gym afterward. I was very fit beforehand, but I completely changed. Used to swim a mile a day, after this flu.cough I was lucky to do 6 lengths of the pool! After a couple of months of this, went to Doctors, told I my chilhood asthma had returned! So placed on a course of inhalers...a little improvement, but not much. Back to the doctors, went for Xrays , blood tests, nothing found. Was then referred to doctors as still experiencing chest pain when exercising and problems breathing!.,..again nothing was found! As you can guess this starting to get pretty demoralising! this carries on , then May this year out back on the inhalers as no explantion can be found. I am now getting to the tether and every day worrying what could be wrong with me! eventually I was given antibiotics and nmy chest has cleared up!

However I feel that I have worried myself so much I have got myself caught in a circle. One sunday I got severe chest pain and pins and needles down my hands and feet! and getting incresed cramps in my legs at night! Having a family history of heart problems I was now worried I had inherited them as well! the doctors have advised that I maybe hyperventilating but I am in the process of having tests to see if I have the heart condition. I have been suffering for nearly 2/3 weeks with the sometimes severe headaches and also sore throats, but they come and go in an instant. I have in the last few days been getting which seem like pains in my mouth like ulcers, but again go very quickly.

Does this sound like anxiety and stress to you? If so any recommendations on how I can break this circle??

Thanks

seh1980
09-07-05, 19:04
Hello and welcome aboard!! :)

I'm not an expert so am not really sure what to say. Do you know for sure that you suffer from anxiety or do you just expect you do? Anxiety really can take over and it can make you think that you have cancer, heart problems, brain tumours, etc. If the doctors can't find anything wrong with you then I guess you have nothing to worry about..What came first - the chest problems or the anxiety?

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

bennyboy71
09-07-05, 20:15
Thanks Sarah for the reply

The chest problems came first, but now I think the anxirty has taken over!

Just over the past few weeks the anxiety has been bad! I feel very down all the time and withdrawn. I just sometimes just sit and think in my own world with my brain working overtime of what could be wrong with me! Often I find myself wanting to cry, which for me is very unusual!

Regards

Ben

seh1980
09-07-05, 21:25
hi Ben,

It could be that you have had anxiety a lot longer that you realise. I was diagnosed with panic attacks and anxiety about 20 months ago but when I think about it, there have been many times in the past that I now realise I was suffering from anxiety and just didn't know about it. If the doctors can't find anything wrong with your chest or your breathing then it could be that it's a symptom of anxiety. It's quite a common symptom of anxiety. I get chest pains quite often and so do other people here. Also, it's common to feel that your breathing isn't 'right'..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
09-07-05, 21:44
Hi Benny and welcome aboard the forum.

This post may help with the chest pains and pins and needles thing ....

Notes from No Panic Conference on Panic Disorder (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4190)

Good to see you on here and hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

BrandyK
15-07-05, 03:46
Hi, Benny!!

Hope your feeling better!

Anxiety is a crazy thing!!!

Brandy

"Never give up the Fight!"