PDA

View Full Version : This probably sounds a little silly ....

cazzmatazz
22-01-09, 12:09
.....infact, while typing it I know it does sound silly, but I'm on my own in my student house worrying constantly! :wacko:

Monday I got sent home from my final teaching practice school because I had a temperature which has now since gone. Ive felt rough for the past days since then with a bad cough, cold, head etc but managed to make it into school. Yesterday evening I came back from school exhausted and feeling very weak (tops of arms/legs hurting a little and feeling weak/fuzzy). I was then sick three times because my tummy was hurting alot - so got into bed and was asleep by half 9. Woke up today with my arms and legs feeling very weak indeed - tummy isnt sickly anymore although when I made myself some eggs and beans it felt really odd to eat - my arms didnt feel like they wanted to move. I feel awfull :(. My head is the foggiest its eveer been and I cant really stand up and walk around as my balance has dissappeared and I feel like a zombie with no balance.

Now . . if you have read to this point without getting frustrated with my probably 'its just a bug' rant - thankyou!! But im just worrying its menangitus or I have picked up MRSA from when I had an ECG done at hospital. Plus I dont know if my dizzyness is illness or anxiety related? Could I have the flu?

All of my housemates are out, I'm in devon and my mum is in kent :weep:

Feeling a bit sorry for myself - plus my SVT heart condition is playing me up - maybe I should have taken this to the hugs place.
Cazz

Trixie
22-01-09, 12:15
There are so many bugs going around.

My sister was really ill with something so bad she said she thought she was dying (she was a nurse like me and doesn't suffer from HA either) Someone else I know had to have oxygen and another person couldn't stop vomiting. Someone I know fainted and he is a 23 year old bloke.

As the newspapers say bugs are rife.

valleybear
22-01-09, 13:39
I had something similar before Christmas. Dizzy, unbalanced and nauseous. I felt 'spaced ou' and couldn't make any decisions...standing in a queue feeling 'not quite there'. I had a bad panic attak one night also so I didn't know whether the whole thing was anxiety or that there was a 'bug' going around. Dr thought it was anxiety but several people I knew had gone off work with dizziness...who knows, but I don't think you have picked up anything in hospital and I am back to my usual self (whatever that entails).. Sorry you are experiencing this on your own, but you can talk to us here any time.. Another Dr's visit would not be out of the way and may help to reassure you
Sending hugs and kind thoughts

cazzmatazz
22-01-09, 14:37
Thankyou! The dizzyness has got worse - cant stand up at all now so I have a docs appointment in an hour - my friend is coming over to drive me the 5 minute walk as I dont think I will be able to manage it :( My head feels sooo full and my muscles are really weak and aching - bleugh.

Thankyou for listening - im gunna go over to symptoms and pay everyones help back by advising on what I know best - the heart! x

LeeBee
22-01-09, 18:50
Sounds familiar to me, Cazz - sounds like an inner ear infection. This can mess your balance up so badly that you can't walk, or you feel like you're on a boat in heavy seas. Best to get the to the doc for sure. Hope you feel better soon :).

cazzmatazz
22-01-09, 19:28
Hi everyone,

LeeBee I got myself to the docs and he confirmed what you have said - he thinks I have some kind of viral infection which is affecting my balance ALOT. I have been bed bound all day, the only walking I can face is to the toilet and that feels like I am going to pass out/fall over. Even sitting is a nightmare so I am flat on my back :-(

Plus - I GOOGLED *slap my hand hard* Ended up on a website where a girl had got a damaged inner ear from a viral infection and it took her three years for her brain to compensate for it - hmmmmmmmmm x

dizzy
22-01-09, 19:39
i had influenza for two weeks...and just before it i felt really rough. dizzy, weak, my joints and knees hurt..wen i went to the docs he checked my ears and said they were inflammed from inside, so i guess that wat made me feel dizzy. but generally ur body's fightin infection so it will be weak. i also had an increase in PACS/PVCS. then wen it broke out until it wasnt totally gone i didnt feel better.
hope u get well soon xXx