PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody suffer with sore armpits etc?

reddevil
22-01-09, 13:02
Hello all,

Since Tuesday, my armpits have been feeling sore (nothing major, just enough to know it is there) and I’m sure I have had this before but I just wanted to ask, if any fellow anxiety sufferers have experienced this and is it caused from anxiety?

I know that I have been stressing for the last six weeks because of catarrh and acid, so I know I’m kind of tense.

I would usually see my doctor but I want to try and stop going, so hopefully I can get out of this need of reassurance from doctors.

Red

j2
22-01-09, 13:22
I get this frequently and of course I freak because of the lymph nodes that are there. I wish I could tell you that I wouldn't worry but I can tell you that I get this a lot and "normal" person wouldn't worry. Good luck and be well.

J2

bex1970
22-01-09, 16:29
HAve definitely suffered from this - and somewhere there is a post that asks what symptoms we all suffer from - sore armpits comes into this.... one time I had it so badly it felt like I had a mountain underneath my arm.... think it's part and parcel of anxiety to be honest.... try not to worry to much, the stressing will make the pain worse...

hm1177
22-01-09, 20:56
yeah i get it too but usually only on the left side. its caused by swollen lymph nodes

cf09
22-01-09, 22:34
I've had this every so often for as long as I can remember. Although I worry about nearly every other physical symptom, this is one that's not ever bothered me as I always thought it was caused by blocked pores from deoderant or something like that (although come to think of it, it's always painful lumps under the skin, so probably not blocked pores!).

I didn't realise that anxiety could cause these swollen lumps.

reddevil
27-01-09, 12:52
Thanks for replies.

It has been a week today, as it is sore on / off and I have done fantastic by not going to the doctors but today sitting at my desk, I have started to worry about it a little.

Worried D
28-01-09, 04:42
I get this too from time to time. at least for the last 12 years or so. However, my are sore and feel a little "puffy" but also burn at times. I usually assume it my anti-perspirant so i switch brands and it subsides only to return months to maybe a year later and i switch again.