PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Lanner
22-01-09, 13:32
My Name is Andy, been off work for two to three years with depression (didn't even know the word existed before) and been on several different mood enhancing cocktails and now feel i am ready to return to employment but i have lost all my confidence and feel a bit embarrassed about my fall - so to speak. Anyway finding my concentration all but non existent and stumbled across this website and feel the answers or at least some assistance is in here somewhere, so if you folks could point me in the direction of some concentration restoring / building exercises and if there are some get togethers planned (I am on Wirral) just drop me a line because i found that swopping ideas and coping strategies always worked for me in the past and hopefully i can be of some help too. :bighug1:

weeble40
22-01-09, 14:34
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

spaced
22-01-09, 17:30
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

RosieXXX
22-01-09, 19:27
Hello Lanner,

Welcome.

You will find people here who will be able to relate to your problem and give you good advice. It really helps to know there are other people who can share their experiences.

paula im me
22-01-09, 20:02
hi so glad to hear a good story. im new as well so be gentle please lol. dont feel embarrassed by what u ave been through its more common than i ever thought and scary. i to have got over depression but left with the anxiety, did u get this?

Patty
23-01-09, 18:48
Hi Andy, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

Veronica H
23-01-09, 19:07
:welcome: Andy, it's great that you feel ready to get back into things. You could try a bit of voluntary work to build your confidence. It also looks good on the CV and you can usually get a reference from it. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

Ross
23-01-09, 19:14
Hi Andy. A very warm welcome to the NMP Community.

Without doubt you'll find all the information you could ever need right here. Furthermore, you'll also find support from fellow members who are sharing similar experiences.

Hand in hand, you'll be back to work and feeling on top of the World.

Best Wishes,

Ross

sunshine-lady
24-01-09, 00:40
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin: