PDA

View Full Version : Im fed up with this...

LJElson
22-01-09, 18:35
Hi, ive had panic attacks for atleast 2 months, it all started one saturday when i went numb in my left arm, i thought i was havign a heart attack, i ran downstairs screaming, after that ive always been very anxious, and it wont stop, my mum tells me to stop worryign buit i cant, she sometimes yells at me for having one because she dosent understand, i really want to see someone about it but im scared.

Lewis

LJElson
22-01-09, 19:03
Also ive been feeling like i cant breathe properly, but im breathing fine, this is the main cause of my panic attacks, but i cant stop worrying.

laura888
22-01-09, 19:48
ive had this problem for 5 years and you have 2 learn more about p/a or they will just get worse the more you no about them the esier they are to control. there is lot's of advice and help on this site. good luck:yesyes:

xxpeachiexx
22-01-09, 20:04
i know exactly how you are feeling,but please be rest assured that sometimes it can be helped.
im on medication which helps a little and can go weeks and weeks without any symptoms and then other days i can have severe attacks for a week or too.
mine started with numbness of the body i had an mri which showed an infection in the spine,that was solved but in the meantime i had worried over every little twinge and pain and thought every little headache was a brain tumor etc etc but please try and tell yourself that it is only panic attack/anxiety and it CANNOT hurt you the more you tell yourself this the better you will feel,buy any doubt that creeps in you will feel worse!!
wishing you all the best xxx:)

LJElson
22-01-09, 20:16
Thanks for replys, makes me fee loads better lol :), ive just been out to get some rescue remedy tablets, people said they will calm you down and maybe stop your PA's from alot mroe frequently, to be honest though your all right, it is anxiety, and like peachie said, i also get panicky with every ache or something like headache.
:D

lc7624
22-01-09, 23:26
LJElson,

Your story sounds sooo similar to my own! I had my first panic attack about 4 months ago when i had a what i now know was "cramp" though i thought it was paralysis in my left hand. I totally panicked and had 2 full on attacks. Since then, i got really panicky about every little twinge or pain and always felt dizzy. But now im starting to get back on track! i still sometimes get anxious, but i just replace these negative thoughts with positive ones. Once you understand all there is to know about panic attacks in theory, then you can start to put things into perspective and figure out some ways to tackle the problem. At the moment, im doing as much as i can to help myself - therapy, medication, CBT, meditation and distracting myself as much as possible!!! I really do sympathise, and your story really related to my own - so similar in how it all sparked off! hopefully this will reassure you somewhat :)

Lucy xx

kenboon
23-01-09, 06:17
Hiya LJ

If you have not already done so, read the symptoms page here http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms It explains each symptom and why they occur and ways to ease them.

I'v also just started reading "Self help for your nerves" by DR Claire Weekes. To be honest i'm not really into reading books. But after seeing so many people say so many good things about it on this site i thought i'd give it ago.
And it really is a very good book about anxiey. It may well be worth while going to see a GP about it too as they may even offer CBT which helps alot too. My Mrs sometimes gets agrivated with me too. You have got to understand that for people who have never had this condition, that its hard for them to understand how you feel and just how the fear overwhelms you.

All the best

Ken

Dominic1975
23-01-09, 08:10
It might be an idea for you to get your mom to also read the symptoms pages, so she can understand more how you are feeling when you get an attack
The best may to get better is to get help.... This might be reading some books, therapy or medication... Which ever one works for your or even a combination of them all
I hope everything start getting better soon

kaysheldon
26-01-09, 17:37
Hi.. it would probably help if your mum saw someone with you hun - my boyfriend was used to the crazy - gets drunk all the time - doesnt worry about anyone girlfriend hed had for 5 years - he was so taken aback by my sudden change we ended up breaking apart -which didnt help me at all. he also used to scream and shout at me - usually just making me cry. Your panic attacks should ease with the right treatment and sometimes just someone to talk to helps a lot.. I know you will feel much better soon x x x

Veronica H
27-01-09, 07:25
:welcome: lewis, glad you have found us.

Veronica