PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Jordo
22-01-09, 22:02
Hello.
I'm 16 years old and have been struggling with anxiety as long as i can remember. These last 2 years is when i developed my panic disorder, though my first actual panic attack happened years ago. It was the end of my 9th grade when things started getting rough. I was never getting any better, just worse and worse. I began my 10th grade year following the worst summer of my life, filled of anxiety and depression. I started having a panic attack every single day in school and it was taking a toll on my education. I was unable to concentrate in class, always worried about having a panic attack and freaking out in front of my friends. It soon got to the point where i called it quits for public schooling. For the first time in my life i tried out online school and i was unable to do it. It was up to me to get my work done and i had too much depression due to anxiety that i chose not to do a lot of it and failed the year. I had another terrible summer after this school year. I never talked or spent time with my friends anymore. I'm now trying homebound instruction, which is going better but still not well. I was hoping to get my 10th and 11th grades done in one year and get back with my class for my senior year. Even though i know it was too big of a step for me to make with the condition i'm in, i still feel like a loser. How i used to dream of my graduation with my class and heading off to college. Before my 10th grade year i was in all the top classes and had no trouble passing any of them. Now i wonder if i'll get to finish high school. I don't want to make my introduction too long, so i'll try to cut it short. I have tried a few different medications Paxil, Zoloft, Xanax, and am now on Wellbutrin. I've been to two different therapists who i've felt done nothing for me. I have acquired phobias of things that i never used to think of. Fear of the sky(emptiness), fireworks(anticipation), and enclosed areas(moving cars or airplanes). I just don't understand how i became a huge mess so quickly. Anyways, it's nice to meet you all.

spaced
22-01-09, 22:03
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP

sunshine-lady
22-01-09, 23:36
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

Veronica H
23-01-09, 14:53
:welcome: to NMP, you will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

Chevron
23-01-09, 15:48
Hi, I am also new to this site but I recognise the feelings you are experiancing. I guess most people on the forum have had similar problems. A good place to start is to recognise that you are not alone. There are millions of us all with one form of anxiety or another and sites like this really help us to understand what is happening to us and to know that there is lots of information right here to help.

:yesyes:

Patty
23-01-09, 21:36
Hi Jordo, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)

weeble40
24-01-09, 11:29
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx