PDA

View Full Version : infection

mumof4
10-07-05, 12:50
here i go again my tooth is playing up again and i think i have another infection thats 3 in the past month but im not to sure.

i have the dental hospital on the 19 july and i want this tooth pulled out there is not much left of it but my partner has frignted me by saying that if left untreated it could kill me the infection so now im kinnd a panicing about it.

i have antbotics in there but im not sure it is a infection or that my tooth is so rotted that its making my gums swollen thats why i wanted to wait untill i have the dentail hospital but when he mentioned this death now i dont know what to do.

has anyone got any advice for me please.

scoobygirl2005
10-07-05, 13:03
Hi.

Well the best thing to do is for the moment, try not to worry about what your partner said because for all you know your partner could be wrong. The best thing to do is seek medical advice, talk to your dentist about it, they will tell you. Make an emergency appointment at the dentist if you can if that will calm you down a little. Hope this helps. Try not to worry.

Scooby2005. :D

kate
10-07-05, 13:08
The swollen gum IS the infection and, as you have antibiotics in there, this will be fighting the infection!

Ask to have the tooth pulled when you go on the 19th. Quick and easy and over in seconds. Not really worth hanging onto it if there is nothing much left.

Kate x

mumof4
10-07-05, 13:32
tks for ur replys i havent took the antbotics yet as i have just finished a course not even a week ago. i think its a abcess i have there is a white thing on my gum under the swollen part.

i know it only takes seconds to have the tooth pulled but im petrified of the dentist.

trac67
10-07-05, 15:29
Hi Taylor,
Try not to worry hun, i know the dentists are a scary place, but just think a few minutes in the dental chair, and all the pain and the worry of your tooth will be gone.
Take Care,
Trac:D

vernon
10-07-05, 17:11
Hi Taylor, I really know what you are going through believe me, Firstly I think what your partner said about you could die was a very stupid thing to say to anyone especially someone who suffers phobia and anxiety, (SORRY FOR CALLING YOUR PARTNER STUPID LOL). Well has I have said I have had unbelievable fear of Dentists as far back as I can remember, Maybe its because I am 56 and the Dentists where much more scary 40 to 50 years ago than what they are now, but the fear seems to remain with us. Well Because of my fear I have suffered so much with infections and tooth problems as I just wouldn’t go to dentists. And recently I have had toothache nearly daily for over 12 months just for the sake of a few mins to have the teeth removed, there are 2 and they are lose so wouldn’t take much getting out, but as you my fear just overpowers everything. I have had real bad swollen gums, face and bad infections many times but haven’t died and think of lots of others with dental fears you can read up on different boards like this one so many suffer with infections because so scared to go? You even see some very old people when out and there teeth are in a real bad state but do they die? NO. I suppose you could get an infection and die? But you could also get an infection from a small cut or scratch around the house or garden. Well I am really pissed of with my constant tooth pains and infections now so I have made up my mind to book an appointment with Dentist because the pain and fear with infections isn’t worth it for a few mins discomfort? And I think it makes a big big difference if you can find a caring dentist, as a few I have been to have been animals lol. As you know I had my eye surgery last Thursday the 30 of June, and as you know I had been cancelling it for years through the horrid fear. I done lots of work at home and in the garden not to leave the wife with lots to do as I was 100% sure I would die and not get back out of hospital after the surgery. But, It was nothing compared to all the cancelling and waiting I went through even though I stayed awake it wasn’t as scary as the waiting before going. So I have now decided if I managed to go have my eye surgery, I can also go to dentist. (Until the time comes for me to phone and book lol) I am in quite a bit of pain at the moment but cant have dental surgery for at least 4 weeks after my eye surgery so that gives me time to get a dentist I can trust. Don’t worry about the Infection just go and see the hospital dentist on the 19th. And if infection was that dangerous why do you think they keep people waiting weeks for appointments? Take care Taylor and try plenty of relaxation and keep telling yourself you are not afraid. Especially before you go to sleep at night keep saying you are going and have nothing to fear. That’s what I did with my eye surgery and I went, at last lol.

mumof4
10-07-05, 19:23
tks veron for answeing u have really set my mind at ease why are we both like this for 2 mins and have a pain free mouth and not having to worry about what to eat and what will give u toothache.

i will deffenalty go to the dential hospital it is differant than the dentist and they will help me more with the fear i have plus thye dont use jags to pull ur teeth they have other ways too.

i just wish i could get it over with and get this tooth out for good.

Meg
10-07-05, 20:12
Vernon - Good for you for decideing to go for it !!

Taylor- I agree the dental hospital is the place to go - They see all sorts of stuff and you're right , they have access to a variety of ways to treat.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
10-07-05, 20:14
Hope it all turns out ok Taylor :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

vernon
11-07-05, 00:16
thanks meg, the surgery was nothing like the waiting and canceling i done. I did stay awake too as i hate the thought of going to sleep and feeling horid for days, the needle in eye wasnt nice lol but like dentist a few seconds pain and thats it. and if i can do eye surgery awake sure I can do dentist as with dentist you are going home within mins? take care

Meg
11-07-05, 14:13
Vernon - How is your sight following the surgery ?

Go for it - dentist wise!

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

vernon
11-07-05, 17:16
sight is much better meg, I can see TV now havnt done that for years lol. I have finaly booked a dental appointment with a dentist who does deal with axiety, On waking this morning I nearly changed my mind again lol. But they said the dentist will only check on me and do xrays on first visit so that will be ok for me to tell her and see if i like her?anyway I cant get any dental work done for quite a few weeks yet as the eye hospital advised against getting any work done for about 2 months after my surgery. Thanks meg