PDA

View Full Version : Oral thrush, aids scare

spacemonkehh
23-01-09, 08:10
Hello everyone!

Last year, i had unprotected sex with a girl who had unprotected sex before with 1 other man. I didn't thought much about it, as the aids numbers are pretty low in my country. However, in october i started to have oral thrush ( white patches on the roof of my mouth and sore spots ) and still have it since then.

I have had poor mouth hygiene for years and i have had a very stressful period.
I got tested and i'm getting the results next week.. but the anxiety is killing me!

Does anyone else have oral thrush without any serious diseases like HIV/aids, cancer or taking antibiotics?
I'm not taking any meds so i dont know why i got this.

Janieb
23-01-09, 09:15
There are free clinics that actually do rapid testing and you can have the results in an hour if you are very worried. I know what you mean about the wait it is horrable! Living in Africa I got tested a lot due to insurance and stuff like that, and regardless of the amount of sexual activity I would still worry as I have tattoos and all sorts.

I went onto the HIV trust website recently to ask a question and they were extremely helpful if you are concerned give them a ring they have an abundant amount of support.

Take care,

nomorepanic
23-01-09, 09:51
Oral thrush is very common.

You can get it just from using asthma inhalers!

Trish
23-01-09, 17:19
I suffer oral thrush due to the use of my inhalers even tho i rinse my mouth out everytime and i also you a spacer.

I get a gel from my gp that helps.

PhoenixGrey
25-01-09, 18:31
I get oral thrush, I'm not diabetic, I don't have HIV and I don't use an asthma inhaler - I would get yourself checked out, use protection in future, and don't worry about it - I've had it 3-4 times in the past few months and no one can explain why - some people just get it some don't.

spacemonkehh
26-01-09, 21:19
I get oral thrush, I'm not diabetic, I don't have HIV and I don't use an asthma inhaler - I would get yourself checked out, use protection in future, and don't worry about it - I've had it 3-4 times in the past few months and no one can explain why - some people just get it some don't.

I really hope so :blush: