PDA

View Full Version : Having a bot of a bad time.

Deryn Glas
23-01-09, 12:12
Hi Im new. Im so glad I stumbled upon ths place last night when I was searching for something that might help me sleep.

Ive had panic attacks for a few years but nothing major. Just occasional ones and I get a bout of anxiety around the time of my period. Ive been on medication but came off because I felt better. On New Years Eve, I drove 3 hours to go to a party at a friends house. I was there 3 hours, panicked and came straight home. This happens whenever I have to stay away from home. I cant go on holiday at all! Its annoying. I drove straight to my parents house and hung out with them for the start of the new year. Since then I keep having bad panic attacks. I lost 10lbs last week because Im too anxious to eat. I get used to feeling how I do and Ive got a fear that eating and drinking are going to make my blood sugar level peak (as it should do) and I'll get really anxious again. I cant sleep either. Im hugely independant, 27, I live alone and Im happy with my own company. Since the 8th Ive been living at my parents house. I cant be alone at all. It terrifies me. Im a shift worker so when my folks leave for work at 6am I panic. Im fine if Im work at 7am but if Im starting at 3pm I go and hang out at my Mums place of work until its time to get ready to go to work. Ive also been finishing early because my folks go to bed early and if I finish at 10pm and go home, theyre already in bed and Im just sat there, alone and panicking. Ive been sleeping on the sofa with the tv on. I cant sleep without a tv. Havent been able to for years. When Im laying on the sofa I get a wave of panic flow over me and the panic starts. I try and keep a lid on it, breathing slow and counting my breathes. It takes me hours to settle back down.

Ive been put on Peroxetine/Seroxat. Im on day 11 so far. I have some Temazepan but I took one last weekend and 4 hours later I was still awake. I also have some Propanalol which I refuse to take after taking 1 tablet I freaked out and had a panic attack. It took me ages to calm down. My anxiety level is high throughout the day and I cant sit still. Im constantly jigging my leg and tapping my hands.

Tonight, Im attempting to sleep in my own house. My mum will be staying with me in the spare room but she'll be leaving early. Im worried how Im going to cope. I don’t understand how Ive gone from being realluy independent to needing to be babysat in the space of 2 weeks. Its very frustrating. I havent been anywhere other than work, my mums work, the doctors or my parents house in the last 2 weeks. I have a football match on Sunday to go to and Im a bit nervous of how Im going to cope. 20,000 people will be there.

Does anyone have any ideas that will help me?

charlish74
23-01-09, 17:20
hi im a bit like you i panic alot i hate nite time as i can not seem to fall asleep i to take temazepam they dont always help propanolol take a while to work it can be good,sort of takes the edge of a bit , all you can do is keep telling your self you will be ok they carnt hurt me. i to only go as far as i need to im sure you will be fine theres alot of people on here who can really help when you need it hope you feel better soon xx

Deryn Glas
25-01-09, 18:16
Thanks! Ive been home for 2 days now. Im doing ok. I just keep waiting for my anxiety to come crashing back and for me to run out of the house back to my parents!

I did manage to go to football today though! A bit of anxiety on the way there. More nervous that I would freak out but I was fine. Had a brown paper bag in my pocket just incase.

lorac
25-01-09, 19:47
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will find many people on here who understand what you are going through and you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Glad you found us.

Carol