PDA

View Full Version : i need you help please

fretty freda
23-01-09, 22:18
hello my friends here i am again been a little while but cant cope at the min feel i need you guys to help me.....

I am almost certain i get my sentances mixed eg (the blue is house ) instead of (the house is blue) today my mum picked me up on something i said wrong i asked my mum how often i do and she said not all the time maby once a day or sometimes not at all , the scariest thing is i dont even know i am doing it and if no one pointed it out to me i wouldnt be aware of this problem.

i really want to know how often i do this and what sort of stupid things i am saying and if other people see this as a problem the thing is if i ask people an they have noticed which they probably will have the answer is going to fill me will panic and anxiety and i will constantly worry i am getting mixed up.

could i be over exagerating this in my mind whats wrong with me i am scared ?

keith113
24-01-09, 01:03
I often get my words and sentences mixed up when I speak. I also use the wrong words inconversations and it can be very embarrassing at times. I used to be very hard on myself about these things, but now I just accepted that I get my words and sentences wrong at times. The more you worry about it the worse it becomes.

Keith

*D*
24-01-09, 01:30
Hi there,

Try not to be so hard on yourself, I do this all the time, when I do it and catch myself I just say I have dyslexia of the mouth and I laugh. There is nothing wrong with you sometimes we speak faster than our brain.

D

Dominic1975
24-01-09, 08:19
I think you should take this as nice quirky little thing you do..... People wont think anything of you for getting your words mixed up, they will probably just have a laugh at it.... Its not something they willbe laughing at you about, more something that is just funny
I wouldnt worry I think it nice you get your words mixed up

Martin Ell
24-01-09, 10:52
Hi there,

Everybody gets their words mixed up occasionally, it's really nothing to worry about. Nobody's going to laugh at you for it, some might even find it "cute". :yesyes:

If you're really worried as to why it happens, then for your peace of mind it might be worth doing some research into dyslexia. I know very little about dyslexia so I can't be sure, but I think muddled-up words may be one of the symptoms. Even if it turns out you are dyslexic, it's still not a great deal to worry about.

Take care.

valleybear
24-01-09, 13:40
I had a bad anxiety episode just before Christmas..left me exhausted and in a bit of a 'daze'. Since then I have been mixing words up quite often. Mostly,I notice it when I am doing or thinking of other things. Been trying to slow down and to concentrate on what I am saying ie being in the present more. It will pass so please don't worry, many of us have this ...I find worrying and counting and analysing makes it worse 'cos you dwell on it every time something wrong slips out. Please just see it as a phase that will pass.

sunshine-lady
24-01-09, 20:53
I really don't think that you have anything to worry about. I know for one that I have been guilty of this many times in the past, usually when my mind is preoccupied.

Please don't make an issue of this as you will only make the situation worse, try to relax and I'm sure it will very quickly pass.

I am dyslexic and although I used to get words jumled up and forget the names of common things when I was very young, I grew out of that by the time I was in the 3rd grade, so don't think your mixing up words has anything to do with that and beside you would have been dignosed at school

take care xxx

suzy-sue
24-01-09, 21:04
HI IF I COULD HAVE A POUND FOR EVERY GAFF IVE MADE, :doh: ID BE ABLE TO RETIRE IN THE SUN SOMEWHERE BY NOW.I USUALLY LAUGH IT OFF BY SAYING ""OH SORRY!YOULL HAVE TO EXCUSE ME !IM HAVING A SENIOR MOMENT)PEOPLE USUALLY LAUGH!! HAVING TOO MUCH ON YOUR MIND MAKES YOU LIKE THIS !AND BEING STRESSED OUT!... SO PLEASE DONT WORRY.LUV SUZY

fretty freda
26-01-09, 00:06
you guys really help me thanks a bunch x

fretty freda
29-01-09, 21:08
people i need u to help me i am beating my self up again big time , today at work i asked a collegue a question an she said ive just told u twice, i wonder why did i ask her again i must have heard her the first two times am i stupid how will i know if i am always doing this and making a fool of myself i just want to curl up and die tonight not happy bunny :-(

PHOBIA MAN
29-01-09, 23:22
Freda, do you chatter to yourself in your head?, if you do then this is probably the reason why you are not listening properly, because you are listening to yourself instead. You are not going nuts, nor are you some kind of freak for saying slightly wrong things, but the more you focus on your 'to be said' words, the more you are not able to flow properly with your 'now' words. A good way to quieten this chatter is to say shhhh! in your mind when you hear yourself chatting away internally, and if you are being mean to yourself with this chatter then change the voice to a mickey mouse voice so that it cant be said or taken seriously.
My wife and I relish a mis said word/s, my fave one was when she said about an injection with a 'hypodeemic nurdle' (I'm laughin even now!)
Why care what people think, you'll not die because you said a mistake! it's right to make a joke of it as you do one, like "I'll just put my teeth in" (while pushing up your top teeth with your thumb) this is what I do and my job involves much talking! It is not natural to think about every word you say as it is an unconscious task just as you dont plan each step you take when walking, relax and let your unconscious take up its rightful place in speaking and IF (like we ALL do!) you slip up then use a good one liner, like "tongue slipped out of gear then" or pull a funny face and say "tongue malfunction"
Give yourself a break girl, like the BeeGee's say "it's only words"
TOP TIP!! REALLY, REALLY LISTEN to the other person, give them your respect and you'll train your brain to focus on what they say and not to what is going on in your own head, remember "SSHHHHHH"!!!

fretty freda
30-01-09, 19:44
today has been auful i havent been able to get out of bed an cant stop crying will this go away on its own please help i am desperate i cant go on like this

fretty freda
30-01-09, 19:47
so did i repeat the question because i wasnt fully concentrating or do i have a 3 second memory span i hate myself

bab
30-01-09, 21:46
anxiety makes you lose concentration - i promise you you are not going mad or have anything wrong xx

fretty freda
30-01-09, 22:10
i feel stupid do i look an appear as stupid as i feel i feel there is no way out no one can help me .

fretty freda
31-01-09, 20:30
i have a 3 day course next week for my dream job i am dreading it 9-4-30 i will have to leave the house at 7.30 i really dont know how i will get through the day with out either panicking !! think anxiety is going to get the better of me i havent worked for 12 months and my concentration is poor how will i manage to stay awake i usually dont wake up till dinner time because i dont sleep well at night i am often stillawake at 4am shall i throw the towel in ?

PHOBIA MAN
31-01-09, 21:04
You could physically get out of bed, but you just FELT you couldnt! as for "will this go away on it's own"...almost certainly not, which is why you NEED to go to your doctor first of all, do that ASAP!!
As for feeling stupid (other post) I can guarantee you that it is ONLY your perception, feeling stupid is not looking stupid, and who writes the rules for looking stupid anyway?
however bad this seems, you can and will get through this, but not on your own, get the help NOW!! JUST DO IT, OK? DO...IT!!
This site is great, but it is not a substitute for proper help now you owe it to yourself and family to get that help now!
promise us all on here that you will.

today has been auful i havent been able to get out of bed an cant stop crying will this go away on its own please help i am desperate i cant go on like this

PHOBIA MAN
31-01-09, 21:06
Where are you in the uk?

i have a 3 day course next week for my dream job i am dreading it 9-4-30 i will have to leave the house at 7.30 i really dont know how i will get through the day with out either panicking !! think anxiety is going to get the better of me i havent worked for 12 months and my concentration is poor how will i manage to stay awake i usually dont wake up till dinner time because i dont sleep well at night i am often stillawake at 4am shall i throw the towel in ?

PHOBIA MAN
31-01-09, 21:12
freda, do you have a facebook or somewhere i could contact you in private, I am a hypnothrapist and would like to help you via email,

ladybird64
31-01-09, 21:44
Hi Phobia Man

I'm curious as to whether you're a registered hypnotherapist?

PHOBIA MAN
01-02-09, 01:25
Registered, qualified and experienced!

Hi Phobia Man

I'm curious as to whether you're a registered hypnotherapist?

fretty freda
01-02-09, 18:07
no disrespect as i am sure your only trying to help but if u were a hypnotherapist why would you be on this site u wouldnt have a phobia because you could hypnothise yourself and make yourself better

fretty freda
02-02-09, 21:52
no i am sorry if it sounded like that but u can never be too carefull i do appriciate your advice i welcome your advice too thankyou

PHOBIA MAN
02-02-09, 23:43
Now that's cleared up, I'm always glad to help but bear in mind there is very little time for me to 'go lightly' so you will have to forgive me if I get straight to the point on the odd occasion! I'm glad I got it wrong, this is the danger with emails, they don't convey real meaning, I always say, say what you mean!
Anyway, I will say that any behaviour or psycological blockage or limitation can be overcome, but very rarely do so called 'traditional or orthdox methods eg CBT, Psychotherapy actually make much headway, if it did, I would be doing it! I choose hypnotherapy and NLP (neuro linguistc programming) as my weapon of choice, it works, and way way faster, but here's the thing...
You have to commit to it! otherwise it's pointless!
As with anything, there are good and not so good therapists but just like painter and decorators just because one doesn't do the trick it doesn't mean you never decorate again, does it? Some have different approaches and this can mean all the difference. I like doing phobias and anything that stops people being at their best potential, so that's me in a nutshell!

fretty freda
10-02-09, 15:16
good so do you think i have a psycological blockage what is that ??