PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie.

jamesio
23-01-09, 22:39
Hi,

I've suffered from panic attacks and feelings of anxiety for a few years now on and off. It probably started with my first panic attack, which was truly terrifying, and ever since I've had what seems every sympton of stress.

I've seen my GP and have been checked out and I'm physically fine. My main anxiety is being aware of my heart beating and that my body feels anxious, and therefore I find it hard to concentrate on anything else, and to shut out my negative internal thoughts.

I like to keep fit, but have recently found it very difficult, especially playing football and have sometimes felt that my heart is beating too hard and is going to stop. But it hasn't.

I have always suffered from insomnia and recently have been getting barely four hours sleep at night and then only short naps before I wake up after having had vivid dreams. I don't ever seem to feel tired in the evening and have a habit of winding myself up which I know doesn't help.

The frustrating thing is that I feel I have few stresses in my life at the moment, and these feelings seem to come out of nowhere.

In the last few months I have decided to confront it rather than hide it from everyone and work out a way I can manage it better. Reading posts on this forum has reassured me in at least I am not the only one out there.

Patty
24-01-09, 00:00
Hi Jamesio, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

sunshine-lady
24-01-09, 00:35
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

spaced
24-01-09, 10:17
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

Veronica H
24-01-09, 10:23
:welcome: Jamsio.There is a brilliant book called 'self help for your nerves' by Dr claire Weekes available from the NMP shop and also free downloads to your MP3 of her work. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us and how we can recover.Glad you have found us.

Veronica

weeble40
24-01-09, 11:25
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx