PDA

View Full Version : I'm full of phobias

Christina311
24-01-09, 15:36
Instead of making a new topic to introduce myself I responded to another topic (sorry to the person that started the topic...I rambled on for a while).

I'm too tired now to type it all out again so I just pasted it.

Re: fear of needing the bathroom
I've been dealing with this phobia since I was a little kid. Is there a name for it? I'm afraid of public transportation or any situation where there's no bathroom available. And I've never had a bad experience that could have caused this. My mother tells me I was toilet trained at an extremely young age, just over 1 year old, because of a bad diaper rash. Could that be the cause? What would Freud say?

I'm also dealing with emetophobia. Up until recently I didn't know there was a name for it but then I found a few web sites with forums like this and stories I could relate to.

My latest phobia is a fear of driving. Add that to a fear of public transportation. Soon I won't be able to leave my house.

Am I becoming agoraphobic? That actually runs in my family.

Dominic1975
24-01-09, 17:05
Hi

Have you spoken to your doctor about this, too see what help they could give you??

Christina311
24-01-09, 17:30
Hi

Have you spoken to your doctor about this, too see what help they could give you??

Long story, she is no help. I need to see a professional,