PDA

View Full Version : I often feel like im wasting my doctors time

shotokansho
24-01-09, 21:09
Do any of you ever feel like this? I really like my doctor, he is always warm and welcoming and is always prepared to listen. Despite this i never feel reassured or happy after a visit with the doctor. This makes me feel stupid and like a fraud. I feel safe when i'm in his surgery and could sit there and tell him about allsorts of ailments and worries but then feel i am completely wasting his time and that there are other patients with more needy problems sitting in the waiting room.
What i feel is real to me, is genuine to me but then i think my doctor thinks im stupid. I think that when i doctor knows you well enough and knows you suffer with anxiety they fob you off with a prescription or something else and not take you seriously. Thats how i feel everytime i visit him. I have to go over things over and over again in my head before i get there so i dont miss anything out, but i always do because i feel like its too stupid to say.
Does this happen with any of you?
Kerry x

Utility
24-01-09, 23:48
Hi

Lots of people feel this way when they go to the doctors about anxiety. So please don't worry about it. Any doctor worth their salt will give you the time and support needed. It sounds as though your doctor is one of those. Also bear in mind that quite a lot of doctors are anxiety sufferers themselves, so will know where you are coming from.

My doctor tells me to even just phone if I want a chat because more often than not that is all that is needed to ease anxiety worries. Yes, they are busy people but remember that your doctor is there for you as well, not just eveyone else.

Sillyblondegirl
25-01-09, 01:53
You deserve to be seen and heard by your doctor. I often feel the same way and I told my doctor so. She reassured me that I am NOT alone (as we can all see here :) ) and that I am not crazy to be feeling all of the things I feel. Your doctor needs and I am sure wants to be told all of your symptoms and worries so he/she can better help your situation. You are as important as anyone else there and you deserve to be heard and helped too.