PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or Asthma?

LJElson
24-01-09, 21:23
For the last 3 months, ive been feeling quite breathless, sometimes it gets worse when i exercise, sometimes it gets better(which is strange) but i keep having panic attacks about it and maybe thhats the cause? But i keep teeling my self what if it is asthma? symptoms include:

Shortness of breath
Tired easily when exercising(i am fit and healthy my doc checked me)
Feeling as if theres somethign down my airways like mucus that is stuck and wont come out.

Plz help me :weep:

LJElson
24-01-09, 21:24
And also, quickly, could this be acid reflux, i tend to get bits of gunk that taste sour in my mouth, but this happens often and alot of the time even when i havent had a meal

spaced
24-01-09, 21:31
hi
have you asked your doctor about asthma i was told i had asthma by my doctor but it was actually down to anxiety go see your doctor and explain your concerns maybe he will be willing to give you an inhaler to try and see if it helps when your breathless.

LJElson
24-01-09, 21:32
Yer i may, but it may sound wierd because of the amount of times ive been since this year, but ill ask my dad or mum about it they may get appointment, maybe your right though coudl be axiety, but beter safe thn sorry :)

CJH86
24-01-09, 23:44
Hi, do you smoke, have you given up smoking recently?

Asthma itself can cause an excess of mucus in the airways, breathlessness with asthma is not always solely associated with excercise. Symptoms of asthma can include coughing/wheezing which is more pronounced at night and tightness around the chest.

Panic attacks can mimic the respiratory symptoms of asthma, as i know too well :blush:....i have both mild asthma and suffer panic attacks! If you tend to worry about it (as i do!!!) you become more conscious of how you are breathing and can make yourself feel more breathless in the process. but your doc can easily test so best go see them to make sure x

phil06
21-04-10, 00:30
Hi, do you smoke, have you given up smoking recently?

Asthma itself can cause an excess of mucus in the airways, breathlessness with asthma is not always solely associated with excercise. Symptoms of asthma can include coughing/wheezing which is more pronounced at night and tightness around the chest.

Panic attacks can mimic the respiratory symptoms of asthma, as i know too well :blush:....i have both mild asthma and suffer panic attacks! If you tend to worry about it (as i do!!!) you become more conscious of how you are breathing and can make yourself feel more breathless in the process. but your doc can easily test so best go see them to make sure x

I'm like this the now with panic attacks...

Shortness of breath and feeling I can't breathe like if my noise is blocked up I blow it and it gets more bunged up and worry more...

For the last few months when I've been out I get a panic attack where I feel all weird and feel I can't breathe...

I keep worrying I have asthma..most of the time I feel ok but a panic comes on and feel suffocated and worry?

Anybody else? :blush::lac: Is it just anxiety?