PDA

View Full Version : forgetting to breathe?

stevesinelgin
24-01-09, 23:06
hi anyone else get this weird feeling? an unusual awareness of breathing, had it on and off since i used to be on diazepam 3 yrs ago and other stuff which has been long since stopped. feels as if there is something going on in my brain as i shouldnt be aware of it...i mean nobody forgets to breathe. maybe its because of all the drugs ive been on over the years and their 'paradoxical' effects

your comments will be gratefully appreciated!

Steve:)

fairyloveheart
24-01-09, 23:22
Hey, I keep getting this intermittently. I suddenly become very conscious of my breathing and then it feels like I am having to try and remember to breathe, and then i get scared to sleep....in case I stop. I find the way to get rid of it is by talking to someone or running down the stairs, something that shows you you still breathe when you stop thinking about it....

stevesinelgin
24-01-09, 23:26
this was after having been on that drug at a very bad time for 7 months or so up til 3 yrs ago and it didnt agree...made things worse at the time...i guess my nervous system will be needing time to adjust STILL...im on sertraline which has helped me a lot...i guess there are some feelings ye just cant put your finger on

Sillyblondegirl
25-01-09, 02:08
I get this and I dont take diazepam. I feel very weak and tired and realize (or think I realize) that its because I was inadvertently holding my breath. I think I do it out of anxiety. I get so still and stiff that I quit breathing.