PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from Dan J

danj
25-01-09, 11:43
Hi All,

Firstly, I have been lurking here for a few weeks now and just wanted to thank everyone involved in running the site and the posters as it is a fantastic resource!

I have suffered from Anxiety and Panic for around 9 years. I would catagorise it as General Anxiety but with a lot of Health Anxiety thrown in for good measure. Over the years, I have managed the anxiety through therapy and medication. Most recently I came off Citralopram 6 months ago, coming off was relatively easy but over the past 2 months I have had a reoccurrence of acute Anxiety and panic. This is probably related to my work situation as I am expecting to be made redundant very shortly.

Over the past few weeks, I have imagined I have bowel / colon cancer due to a set of symptoms (most of which can be explained by anxiety) and then most recently Tetanus (even though I got a shot on Friday, the day after cutting myself).

What's interesting for me is the way in which the symptoms of anxiety manifest themselves in different ways over time, which often makes it hard to recognise (and so triggers the Health Anxiety). Recently my sleeping has really suffered and I've always been a big sleeper so that is frustrating. I think over time I have experienced most of the possible symptoms. I will probably post my list on a relevant thread.

As I mentioned earlier, I have managed to find some comfort from reading posts here and I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Thanks,

Dan

spaced
25-01-09, 11:51
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

lorac
25-01-09, 12:08
Hi Dan

Welcome to the site, glad you decided to join us. I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Dominic1975
25-01-09, 12:20
Hi and welcome to nmp

Patty
25-01-09, 12:28
Hi Dan, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

Veronica H
25-01-09, 15:42
:welcome: Dan, glad that you have found us.

Veronica

sunshine-lady
25-01-09, 19:44
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

danj
26-01-09, 10:25
Thanks everyone for being so welcoming!

weeble40
27-01-09, 09:18
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx