PDA

View Full Version : Back pain..please help

Alexy
25-01-09, 13:17
Right so iv been worried about bowel/colon cancer for ages and now iv got this pain in my back, but like i dunno if it counts as back pain cos its like the coksicks?? cant spell btw:S kinda area, and its been painful for a couple of days..im worried its related, or that its a tumor or something and is causing me the pains in my bowel iv been concerned about..:S

Hollytree
25-01-09, 13:46
Hey there, I would be suprised if you had bowel/colon cancer what you have said doesn't rings alarm bells, bowel/colon cancer is more of a bowel related problem and they are usually specific symptoms. Which a doctor would be able to tell. I suffer from IBS, and i get lots of abdominal discomfort and pain in the bowels, so it goes through my head to sometimes. Because you are worried about it, you will always focus on that symptom convincing yourself that is what you have. Its hard to break that cycle of thought. Personally i would take an anti- inflammatory tablet like Ibuprofen (if you can take them). If you are worried and the pain gets worse, go see your doctor for a check up. Hope that helps xxxxx

Alexy
25-01-09, 14:09
Thank you for your reply:)
I was wondering, is pain in the bowels something that can happen if you have IBS?
Because i honestly don't have a clue about any of it?

Hollytree
25-01-09, 14:20
Yes it does for me. Get terrible pain. Please don't google search your symptoms as its the worse thing you can do, I always visit trusted sites here is one of them. http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/Irritable_bowel_syndrome.html

I would say if you are really worried you can either phone NHS direct they are brilliant, or see your doctor in the week.

Hope you feel better soon xxxxx

Alexy
25-01-09, 14:46
Right i know this might sound stupid, but that link says stuff about abdominal pain, but does like the bowel kinda area count as this?:S