PDA

View Full Version : stroke worry???

parisdeb
25-01-09, 14:23
hi, most people seem to have a main worry that their panic attack is a heart condition, but i have always thought mine was a stroke coming and every moment of most days i am looking out for the slightest tingling or headache, anything to do with a stroke really, i cant bear it anymore, does anyone else have this fear??

parisdeb xx:shrug:

london
25-01-09, 15:00
your be fine dont worry

parisdeb
25-01-09, 15:54
cheers london!! i am still going on!xx

valleybear
25-01-09, 16:42
I have woried primarily about heart disease for years. I think this is to do with members of my close family suffering heart attacks. However just before Christmas I felt dizzy and spaced out and the thought of a stroke came into my head. Took a Valium (which I have for emergencies) and almost immediately felt better. Have been to Dr and he says it was stress, but now the worry won't go away. I think that the anxiety symptoms change and take you by surprise. Just when you think you have learned to cope with some of them they morph into something else!

Henry1234
25-01-09, 20:19
I suffer from the 'stroke' worry as well and made me smile with the 'waiting for any slight headache' comment although of course it isent funny is it?
Why not go to Doc and tell them your fear - they can probably put your mind at ease etc
Hope your ok as I know how these feelings can ruin a day,a week, a month etc etc and is very very depressing

Mark

sarah peacock
25-01-09, 20:44
i know how u feel too, just about every day i get the same thoughts and i am always looking out for symptoms. all i can say is try not to worry and just put it down to your anxiety...easier said than done i know but thats what i keep trying telling myself. xxx