PDA

View Full Version : Here I Go Again........help!!

Mr_Mustard
25-01-09, 14:47
Hi

Had a few PA's today after waking up with really bad IBS & chest pains. I know the rational explanation is the chilli & alchohol I had last night but rational doesn't work when I feel like this!!

Had all the medical checks on my heart and all ok, I still however convince myself I'm going to have a heart attack when I get any kind of twinge in my chest

Any suggestions to get me back down off the ceiling would be more than welcome :)

Thanks
Nigel

bel25
25-01-09, 15:00
Awwww! Sorry you feel like that. I know what you mean, sometimes you try and rationalise it but as u say, it doesn't always work. Try distracting yourself- watch a funny/happy film, listen to music, read a book, try yoga or stretches, ring a friend for a chat (not about your anxiety) to try and take your mind off it- it's worked for me in the past- i was so involved in the conversation i wasn't thinking about it and it went away. Really try and believe there's nothing wrong with you (i know it's difficult) because there isn't. Just try and ignore it by whatever means works best as a distraction.
take care :-)
xxx