PDA

View Full Version : what should i do?

geddy
25-01-09, 16:56
Please please can anyone offer me any advice???

Have been up and down like a prostitutes knickers over the past 6 months. For a few weeks i felt fantastic and on top of the world again.... i put it down to the 5 htp, however as you may be aware i recently had some real stressful events and it has resulted in the crappy old HA rearing its head again. Im currently on drugs for indigestion/ulcer (TAGAMET). Although the pain has eased soooooooo much , i still seem to be getting twinges and then this just makes me panic!!! CATCH 22.
Dont know whether i should stop all drugs accept Tagamet and give my body a complete detox???? Shoud i go back to doc and explain im freaking out again......stomach cancer this time!!!!!!!:weep:

I feel such a mess, just keep crying, cant face food, dont want to go anywhere or do anything....my husband is so worry im going to leave him and he kids, and to be honest the way i feel right now i could.

Oh dear god i soooooooo dont know what to do, im scared, im tired and im sooooo mixed up :weep:

And to top it off hubby is off to Wales with work......travelling really really freaks me and makes my symptoms worse!!!

HELP!!!!

RosieXXX
25-01-09, 20:54
Hello Geddy,

I am sorry you are not feeling so well and your health anxiety has reared its head again. It sounds like you have been having a really stressful time, which has obviously set you back. I think it would be wise to go back and see your doctor, and explain to him how you are feeling before you decide to stop taking any medication - best to get some good reassurance about your health concern before it has chance to spiral.

geddy
25-01-09, 21:11
I just dont know what to do!!

Who to turn to, my husband has had enough.

RosieXXX
25-01-09, 21:26
I know it can be hard coping with everything when you feel so alone. I really do think your doctor will be able to give you some reassurance about your health worry, and he may be able to arrange for some counselling, which can be helpful. It is difficult to imagine things will get better when you are feeling so low - remember there are people here who can help support you.

countrygirl
25-01-09, 23:01
Geddy you are obviously feeling so bad right now but you did make me smile about the knickers so you see you have done some good for someone and made them feel just that little bit better.

Please please go to you Dr and just tell the truth even if you feel like you are being totally neurotic I bet you will be surprised how the Dr will understand - ask for help to stop you worrying about stomach cancer - ask for another endoscopy - if you haven't had one recently. They don't miss stomach cancer during an endoscopy.

I obviousy don't know anything about you and your husband but my wonderful long suffering husband occasionally cannot handle my HA - usually when he himself is in pain or has his own worries - he says its because he can see the cycle of HA and how we react all the time and he can do nothing to stop it. Usually he will let me tell him my worries and talk to me but as I say occasionally he just can't do that and gets angry with me then is very very sorry.

Much as we don't want to hear this we do have a mental illness - its just a bit of a cinderella that people find funny or annoying but we and those around us have to suffer it.

Big :bighug1: and hope you can talk to your Dr and your husband and get some help.

Dominic1975
25-01-09, 23:13
i agree with above post.... Read the line about Knickers has put a smile on my face.... thank you for that

Please, go to your doctors and poor out exactly how you are feeling.... they will be able to sort you, with the care and support you need

I hope you are feeling betters soon.... xx

Trapped
25-01-09, 23:36
the knickers thing made me laugh, I hope u feel better soon... :)