PDA

View Full Version : Night Waking With Palps/anxiety - Could It Be Hormone Related?

Clara
25-01-09, 20:06
Hi
I have posted before about this but I am beginning to see a pattern emerging. For months now I have been waking in the night with palpitations/extreme anxiety which are a complete nightmare to have and very distressing.

I have noticed that they seem to be at their absolute worst in the second half of my menstrual cycle (for the first 2 weeks of my cycle I still get them but not nearly as bad as during the second half!) I am 46 and think I am in peri-menopoause (although my oestrogen levels are completely normal I have very low Progesterone levels so my hormones are unbalanced) although my periods are still very regular.

I wondered if anyone else has 'hormone related' anxiety/palps. and if they have any tips/advice for me? I would like to purchase a natural progesterone cream as I have heard wonderful things about this but here in the UK doctors are very anti the use of natural prog. cream as they say there has been no medical trials run.

Best Wishes
Clara

sunshine-lady
26-01-09, 21:54
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

weeble40
27-01-09, 09:12
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

cheekycharlie
27-01-09, 16:52
have you tried taking evening primrose oil? i take one every morning with my breakie & feel a lot better.

Clara
30-01-09, 23:42
Will try the Primrose Oil tabs. Had a 24 hour ECG yesteray and will hopefully get the results next week and maybe an answer as to what is causing these horrible palps that wake me every night from my sleep and over which I seem to have no control.