PDA

View Full Version : my sons turning into me!!

michelleann
25-01-09, 20:12
hi everyone
ive been a member for few years now & suffered with anxiety for about 15 years but have it in control most of the time now...
the problem is my 9 year old son is getting more & more anxious & im scared as i dont want him to suffer & worry like i have.
ive talked to him & i think it stems from his fear of dying he constants checks his heart & overbreathes all the classic symptoms & i spot them straight away & try to help him through the situation.
he has phases of being ok & i think its gone away but then something triigers it off & hes back to being anxious!! its heartbreaking seeing him go through this at only 9 years old. i dont know what to do ive told my husband what he must do to help & hes been great. i dont want to take him down the gp route just yet as i dont want to scare him anymore than i have to.
as anyone else gone through this with there child? any help advice would be much appreciated.
michelle x

amu
25-01-09, 21:54
It would be great if someone knew the answer to this problem. I am so worried that my son will be like me. He is only 4 and a half, but he is already showing signs, for example he is terrified of blood. If he has a tiny spot of blood from a hardly-there cut, he screams "Mummmmmmmmmmy!!!!! Look at this! What's this?" and he visibly shakes and the only thing that works is explaining how much worse injuries there are and even those can be fixed.
He's also very clever and an analyser. I want him to be so much happier than I've ever been :unsure: What should I do?:shrug: