PDA

View Full Version : this feeling is unbearable :(

mummy4
25-01-09, 20:40
i have suffered anxiety on and off for some years now and have been on 5mg cipralex for just over 3 years.for about the past month my anxiety has been awful and ive been having panic attacks (or at least thats what i think they are) like ive never had before they are really hard to explain it starts with me feeling wobbly almost drunk like then i feel light headed then that makes me panic even more and my body goes very tense and i just want to run away from the situation which i have done few times :(
things i dread most is the school run and supermarkets i havent been in a supermarket for 2 weeks now since the birth of by newborn daughter and its a nightmare
my hubby has been off work for few weeks on paternity leave and hes back to work tomorrow and im dreading it so so much esp the school run part i have 4 kids and really am dreading it i cant actually pin point a reason why i dread it i just do and id rather not speak to any of the mums atm either god i really do hate feeling like this im so so upset tonight
please if anyone is the same oas me or you can offer advise id be so grateful xx

staple
25-01-09, 20:50
Hi Mummy4
I know from when my own wife had a baby her hormones were all over the place and from what you are going through it sound very much like it.
The main thing to realise is that you are still functioning even though its hard and its ok not to speak to other moms while you feel like you do.
To keep doing the things that you can even though you will be uncomfortable is important and if that means feeling uncomfortable while you are shopping so be it ,as we can still function. I had somthing similar and while it was difficult I got through it and you will to.
Mike

clairevoyant
25-01-09, 20:51
I have also had anxiety for many years with panic attacks and they have suddenly come back again. I am new to this forum and have sent my first post un heading 1st post panic attacks. The feelings we get are awful and unless you have experienced it is hard to understand and know how we feel.

Hope you start to feel better

Claire

tanya 1
25-01-09, 20:56
hi mummy4,i too am struggling with the school run my little girl goes to nursery i find its ok when i take her in the morning because nursery starts later than normal school but for me pickin her up when every1 finishes at the same time is a big problem because theres loads of people there waiting for there kids, at the moment i cant pick her up without someone coming with me,but i know from experience with other situations that ive overcome that the more you do it the easier it gets but at the time doing stuff that your scared of or panicky of is really tough,so id say just keep trying,and try distraction techniques.
hope this helps
pm me anytime tanya 1 x

mummy4
25-01-09, 21:00
thanks for your replys,
yes mike i do agree i think my hormones are a little all over the place right now i was dreading the birth which is prob why my anxiety levels became higher than usual but now i dont have any reason to panic or worry but i still am for some stupid reason
im such a worrier about anything and everything and find it really hard to relax
i just told hubby im starting to feel panicky about the school run tomorrow and he said 'why do you panic over a small thing like that' bless him hes a good listener but just doesnt understand but thinking about it hes right!
my main fear is passing out esp in front of people grrrr i just hate this feeling its like a vicious circle :(

mummy4
26-01-09, 08:13
am dreading the school run in a short while :weep:

andie73
26-01-09, 09:17
Hi

How did it go for you??

I am so in awe of you, you had a baby two weeks ago!!!! No wonder you are anxious about your hubby going back to work. Your hormones will be all over the place and things are returning to 'normal'. After having my hubby around all weekend I am anxious today. He gets every other weekend off, so when he has to return I am very anxious. It starts coming on on sunday afternoon. It has been made so much worse tho by the fact I am 8 wks pregnant and absolutely terrified. After miscarrying my first preg and suffering health anx anyway, every little twinge is sending me into a panic.

I really admire you. I think you are doing great. I only hope I am as brave as you!!!!

mummy4
26-01-09, 14:49
hi andie
well i made it to school on time!!
felt really panicky when i was walking towards the school but i just kept telling myself nothing bad is going to happen to me and luckily it didnt lol! was even slightly anxious walking back to the car for some silly reason :unsure:
im just glad i made it there and hope it will be like this everyday not to sure that it will though
congrats on your pregnancy!
xx

willitstop
26-01-09, 15:20
Well done on overcoming your anxiety

it may seem like a little step now you have done it but its such a big step when you think of what you gelt before you did it.
you should be prou of yourself :)
x

shotokansho
26-01-09, 16:18
Hello there.
I'm really pleased you made it, each time you manage it, each day will be easier. I had this once, i just simply couldn't go to school. My son never went in and i ended up having the educational welfare people on my doorstep. Having to admit to her that i was scared of going to school was very embarressing. After that i knew i had to try and eventually school runs became better and i was ok.
I hope you continue to be ok at school and hope you feel better soon.
Kerry x

mummy4
27-01-09, 14:31
hi and thank you.
i got up late today as my alarm didnt go off so was is a right hurry got to school a little late so didnt feel too bad as there wasnt many people around thank god.
i have to go pick daughter up today for 315 and am totally dreading it. i find the afternoons so much worse than the mornings and feel relief when i hear the school bell ring as i know she will be out and we can hurry back to the car.
im very tired today which does not help with my anxiety, anyone else find this?