PDA

View Full Version : Hello

cinnamongirl
26-01-09, 09:51
Hi I am just here looking for some support really as I think my family and nearing the end of their tethers with me!
I'm 32 and a primary teacher. I've suffered from depression over the last year or so and alongside this have real trouble with anxiety, it got to the point last year where I was unable to go out by myself and then only if I had to. I thought it was all down to my job so left and was lucky to find another position in a lovely school. But over the last few weeks the depression has returned, I made excuses the first week and told work I had a stomach bug, the docter signed me off last week and today I just couldn't face leaving the flat so I phoned and said I was going back to the docter. I'm sure they will sack me, I have no real reason to avoid my work, I did try to go but only got half way and ending up in tears at the side of the road.
Any one in a similar situation? What can I do?:weep:

spaced
26-01-09, 10:18
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

yorkylover
26-01-09, 11:15
Hi and :welcome: you are not alone in how you are feeling and your symptom's.We all fully understand here.Anxiety and panic is scarey.There is lots of support here and lots of friendly advise.:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Patty
26-01-09, 11:18
Hi Cinnamongirl, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :flowers:

lorac
26-01-09, 14:10
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

weeble40
27-01-09, 09:17
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
27-01-09, 18:59
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

jouniversal
27-01-09, 19:48
hi and welcome to the site. although i do not suffer with depression i struggle with anxiety and panic attacks. just before christmas i was in the same situation with the going out on my own. this has affected my driving also and i cannot drive alone still.i started on some medication about 6 weeks ago and have had great results with them.
sure u will be made welcome here.the chat is also a great help
so hope to see you in there at some point
xxx hugs xxx

SharonDerby
28-01-09, 12:11
Hiya and welcome.
I'd say the first thing to do is NOT worry about anyone being at the end of their tethers with you, this just puts you under tremendous strain to "feel better", "pull yourself together" "stop worrying" and whatever other wonderful tearms people who don't suffer use.
You are obviously a very strong person because you are seeking help even from us, that says alot so be proud of yourself for that.
As far as work is concerned i can relate to how you feel, i'm not a teacher neither do i suffer from depression (i thank god for that) but i do suffer terrible anxiety and phobia of sickness so the last few months since sept have been an almighty struggle, i have managed to work through it by telling myself that no matter what anxiety can ony be overcome by me, no one else can do it, i don't think fighting fear is great it makes you feel pretty crap as i'm sure you will know but you can get through it, you just have to give yourself time and get help from whoever is offering it, never be affraid to speak what you feel, never be ashamed to admit what's wrong and never be pressured into anything, and when people who are less than understanding speak, listen to them carefuly then simply say to them, i hope this never happens to you but if it does i will be there for you, because it can happen to anyone at any time.
I hope we can help you through this

Sharon :)