PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new

Archiesmum
26-01-09, 13:55
Hi everyone

I've been reading around this forum for a while now and thought I'd join to say hi.

I'm 42 and I think I've had HA for almost 10 years now. I feel it was first triggered in 1999 when I got totally stressed out over something which couldn't be resolved for several months and it came to a head after I got a nasty stomach bug which laid me low for about a week and really left me feeling quite physically and emotionally drained. Shortly after this I had a huge panic attack which had such awfully scary effects, pins and needles, numbness, blurred vision, dizziness, ringing in ears etc, I truly thought I was having a stroke. It had a huge psychlogical effect on me and now my HA is only ever just barely below the surface.

Then in 2003 I had an attack of renal collic which was so painful that it scared me to death and again I felt sure death was imminent. I felt panicy for months afterwards.

Since, I have had all sorts of health scares and they are always something sinister and terminal in my mind. I have a lovely husband who tries his best to reassure me and has been very good over the years but I feel that he is losing patience with me slowly.

I hate being like it but I think I am by nature a very panicy person who has a very pessimistic outlokk on life - if there is a black side to look on, I'll look on it! I hate it but it's the way I am. I am also very emotional and can cry at the drop of a hat. No one whoknows me well would recognise me as being like that - I manage to hide it well but I suppose of lot of people with HA do.

I have a problem at the moment which is causing me untold stress and anxiety and I am in the process of strugglig to try and address it but it is so very hard to bear an attack when it strikes.

I'm glad I've found you all and hope to join in many of your discussion in future.

lorac
26-01-09, 14:02
Hi

Welcome to the site I can really relate to your story it is not unlike my own. I think you will get alot of good advice and support on this site and find many others who understand what you are feeling.

Take care

Carol

kali
26-01-09, 19:34
Hi'

Can totally relate to what you're saying. I just got married last year and now have a baby daughter. Instead of enjoying life im constantly worrying about every tingle, palpitation, headache i get - always fearing the worse. My husband must wonder what on earth he's married. He even paid for me to have a medical last month..but still i worry.

Hopefully i will get over this soon and get on with life as a 'normal' person!

Anyway, nice to meet you x:)

Amanda3266
26-01-09, 21:01
Hello ArchiesMum - welcome to the forum - I am the same age as you and have been posting on here on and off since 2001. In 2003 I had gallstones but convinced myself I had liver cancer:wacko: - at the time my son was only a few months old and I had raging postnatal depression as well.

Like you I've had HA on and off for about the last 10 - 12 years and I get really stressed about things at times. Am seeing my GP again on Friday to ask for a CBT referral - not sure what the waiting list is like though.