PDA

View Full Version : Scared - Ladies help - pain in left breast

petmad
26-01-09, 15:02
Hi all

I am here again, I have been experiencing a pain in my left boob that feels like a sharp stabbing pain that comes and goes, initially I was worried about heart but a few months ago my doc said the pains were not related to my heart. Now I am going into serious panic mode about breast cancer.
The pain moves around from round my left rib cage area and shoots across my left breast.
It isn't affected by breathing or anything, could it be muscle as its the arm I walk my dog with and he pulls, or could it be nerve endings or something more serious.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this, could it be worse as my period is due within the next week?
reassurance please...

xx

hm1177
26-01-09, 18:23
hi - i think if you read over your post you'll see you've reassured yourself: its in the side that is jerked by walking your dogs and you also thought it might be the muscle.

I've had left sided breast pain since before xmas and oddly enough have never really thought its cancer. My doc had a good feel (!) and said she couldnt feel anything of concern and that it might be cysts. She said I should take ibuprofen 3 times a day for a week and see if that helps. Maybe you could try that or try holding your dog lead in the other hand for a week or 2?

petmad
26-01-09, 19:08
Hi
thanks for your reply, I have taken some ibruprofen today, and googling which I shouldn't have done. There are a lot of chest muscle problems it seems and some are made worse by posture and sitting at a PC a lot which I do at home and work so more than likely that more than my hound?
x