PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains

LJElson
26-01-09, 17:25
Hi,
Does anyone else here get the odd but pain and very pain ful chest pains that seem to disappear? I just got them walking home from school and it hit me, i liek stumbled and thought i was havign heart attack( again...) but it tends to get worse when i move sometimes, adn sometimes not. Anyone else here got these symptoms?

:blush:

LeeBee
26-01-09, 18:49
Hi LJ - the chest pain you describe is not likely to be you heart, it is more likely to be related to your stomach, like heartburn (indigestion) or acid reflux, or it could be muscular. Heart-related chest pain is usually a sensation of crushing and heaviness. It can be in the centre of the chest or can be in the jaw, neck or down your arms or shoulder.

As you mention walking home from school, I guess that you are quite young? In which case it is even less likely to be your heart. Heart problems in young people or children are quite rare and more likely to show up as shortness of breath and tiredness than chest pain.

Have you talked to your mum or dad or carer about your concerns?

jobear
26-01-09, 18:52
hey
i always think im having a heart attack no matter what the doctors say or what test they do! they told me it was musul pain and nerves ect.. cuz you tense all up when you think theres something wrong! and when you have HA you notice EVERY little ache and twinge! sucks i know
i went docs again today cuz im gettin palps and pains ect. but i just always think theyve missed something!
always go doctors though for your own peice of mind, never listen properly to anyone on here cuz end of the day we aint doctors!
but am sure your all good chick!
Jo x

LeeBee
26-01-09, 19:12
I agree with jobear about checking with your doctor - as she says, you can't get a diagnosis on here. That's why I asked whether you had spoken to anyone about your symptoms and fears.

Symptoms are just symptoms - the cause could be so many things. Even if you have every single one of the symptoms that I have mentioned above that DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS YOUR HEART. Especially if you have been thoroughly checked over by one or more doctors and they have said that it is not (that one's for you jobear :winks:).

LJElson
26-01-09, 20:04
Yer i guess your both right, but tbh i have been feeling quite short of breath and tired :ohmy:, coudl it be anxiety because when i went to doctors they tested how my heart was beating and apparantly there were no abnormalies.